Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback might not be a world beater, maybe he's not even a very good player, but he's way ahead of everybody else erve played in centre midfield since Cabaye left.

Again, people look at one game and decide he's a good player

Well you're on the internet you know, knee jerk central.  I agree though, fucking ridiculous thing to say.

Who the hell has mentioned Ricky Lambert?

Err, I did :lol:

Ricki Lambert scores goals, aye, but he's no where near as effective as top players like Sturridge. You are the one who started comparing Tiote to players from the best side in the league though, not me. "Look at Gerrard and Henderson, they're mint them, there musn't be any place in the game for people who cannot recycle the ball like them"

Ramires is a far better player than Tiote, but his game certainly doesn't revolve around "controlling the ball" which was my point, he's in the Chelsea side because of his defensive contribution.

Anyway I'm getting sidetracked, Tiote isn't an anachronism, he's not a great footballer by any means but there's a place for him in our side until we sign someone better, and they don't necessarily have to be a Gerrard or Henderson type, although being better on the ball would obviously help.

The skills that Lambert possesses would be useful in even the best sides, namely scoring goals and holding the ball up. The skills that Tiote possesses aren't useful because those teams don't operate like that. Busquets is a defensive-minded central midfield but his skills are vastly different to Tiote's. I'm not particularly sure what Tiote does anymore apart from run around and kick people. He's certainly nothing like the modern day defensive midfielder who controls space and keeps it nice and tidy. Someone like Anita, although timid, is far more like a modern day defensive-minded central midfielder, someone mopping up loose balls, good on the ball and keeps it nice and tidy; positionally good and covers space when we're defending and also moves into space when we have the ball. The best defensive midfielders do this, but Tiote doesn't.

Might be thinking of staying if they stay up which looks like happening.

If he's a Newcastle fan he'll want to come here regardless of the 3-0 gesture. Sunderland fans wiil never truly accept a Geordie as their own.

Why are there 15 pages on this utter prick? Like I said, he's from Killingworth, went to my school and he's doing 0-3 signs to fans? f***ing do one you ugly, ginger c***. His peak is average at best as well.

Sums it up perfectly.

People are trying to spin this into something positive. It's not, it never will be.

Fuck him and fuck his very limited ability. Cunt.

Might be thinking of staying if they stay up which looks like happening.

If he's a Newcastle fan he'll want to come here regardless of the 3-0 gesture. Sunderland fans wiil never truly accept a Geordie as their own.

If he is a Newcastle fan he would never have done that gesture FFS

It's 2014 - Newcastle United have a Billionaire Owner.

Alan Pardew is the Manager.

Shola Ameobi is still getting regular appearances for the first team and contract negotiations are due to open shortly.

Sunderland have beaten Newcastle twice this season including a second consecutive 0-3 reverse at St. James Park.

Newcastle-Online has a 16 page thread about signing Jack Colback.

What a time to be alive.

It's 2014 - Newcastle United have a Billionaire Owner.

Alan Pardew is the Manager.

Sunderland have beaten Newcastle twice this season including a second consecutive 0-3 reverse at St. James Park.

Newcastle-Online has a 16 page thread about signing Jack Colback.

What a time to be alive.

Do we dare to dream!

Late to the party, but are people seriously suggesting Pardew would drop Tiote? :spit:

No chance, as we've seen in recent weeks Pardew is anti creativity so having Colback and tiote in midfield is his wet dream.

Watch how exposed our defence us with two headless chickens playing in front of them.

We finished 5th with Tiote absolutely bossing it, he's far from the biggest problem in our midfield like.

Funny I keep reading this yet we all know we finished 5th because we had 2 strikers in the best form of their entire careers in either half of the season, not because we ever consistently 'bossed' games.

Unless we intent to do off with the likes of Anita and fill the rest of midfield and attack with brilliant attacking talent he'll hold us back.

We finished 5th with Tiote absolutely bossing it, he's far from the biggest problem in our midfield like.

Funny I keep reading this yet we all know we finished 5th because we had 2 strikers in the best form of their entire careers in either half of the season, not because we ever consistently 'bossed' games.

Unless we intent to do off with the likes of Anita and fill the rest of midfield and attack with brilliant attacking talent he'll hold us back.

100% this.

You're nay going to control many games in a flat 4-4-2 these days unless you've got players vastly superior to the opposition. It's a counter attacking formation. The key for it to work is to provide solid protection for the defence, have enough of the ball to relieve pressure and provide decent passing to the forward /wide men.

We did that perfectly in the 5th season. The CM's did an excellent job. Tiote too.

We played with 3 in central midfield and we didn't boss anything as Ronaldo said.

I know he charges around and pumps his chest but that doesn't make him a great player.

There really is no middle ground around here. He isn't a great player, but he's nowhere near as bad as some keep droning on about. Someone said earlier that Tiote can't pass. That is absolute bollocks. He's not Michel Platini, but he can put the ball about. We have gripes with the way we play, and we've all seen how static we are going forward. Tiote is a limited player, but he isn't the only reason we get caught out in possession or give the ball away.