Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's daft to play Anita and Colback in the same line up in any case. I knew Colback would make one more bad challenge after the booking and thought Abeid should have been brought on to save him from getting sent off. In the end he ended up scoring but only because the ref bottled it.

Friend really bottled sending him off, which is a shame because it would have shown Carver up as well as forcing Abeid to get a game. Stayed on instead of Anita for one reason, and it has f*** all to do with football.

This is just not true.

We needed to score and Colback is clearly more of a goal threat than Anita.

He is, but not enough to warrant him staying on the pitch on a yellow card when we had Abeid and Cissé on the bench. Plenty of goal threat with Cabella, Sissoko, Perez and Cissé if we controlled the midfield which we easily would have done with a better player than Colback. Colback was utter fucking garbage today and should have been sent off.

He and Anita are much of a muchness in my view.

Both do more or less the same job, neither of them being particularly good at it but technically tidy enough as players to do a decent job. Both have pros and cons compared to the other but ultimately there's little to choose between them.

No way in hell they should both be playing at he same time, that's for sure, and our best 11 probably contains neither of them.

He and Anita are much of a muchness in my view.

Both do more or less the same job, neither of them being particularly good at it but technically tidy enough as players to do a decent job. Both have pros and cons compared to the other but ultimately there's little to choose between them.

No way in hell they should both be playing at he same time, that's for sure, and our best 11 probably contains neither of them.

They do, to the degree of playing the same position. However, the way they approach the job is completely different. Anita reads the game and fills space in front of the back 4, he likes to intercept possession before it would ever arise into a situation where he would need to put a foot in. On the other hand, Colback leaves space in front of the defence by continuously chasing whichever opposition player has possession.

Would personally have Abied over them both, but we all know that ain't happening unfortunately.

If you need a goal 9 times out of 10 you sub Anita as he provides zero threat. Such a nothing player. Colback's also a nothing player but he might do something in the final third.

Don't know why you guys are getting worked up. They're both here for the long-term and neither is good enough. Mike Ashley.

:lol: This all on the back of Colback scoring his 3 goals in 23 games the past few weeks.

If you need a goal 9 times out of 10 you sub Anita as he provides zero threat. Such a nothing player. Colback's also a nothing player but he might do something in the final third.

Don't know why you guys are getting worked up. They're both here for the long-term and neither is good enough. Mike Ashley.

I was more concerned he was going to get sent off so I would have subbed Colback before he made another rash tackle. Which in fact he did.

:lol: This all on the back of Colback scoring his 3 goals in 23 games the past few weeks.

He's also our main set-piece taker and he has a few assists.

If we need a goal Anita is coming off and that's how it should be. You have to trust your CM's to be sensible. It was a brave and attacking sub imo. Kweeping Anita on would've been settling for a draw.

Guest firetotheworks

Well you're wrong because it was lucky, not brave. He should have been sent off after not being subbed when he was on a yellow and then he scored. It's nothing more than vindication for stupidity imo.

Loved the play when under no pressure whatsoever with about 20 yards open space ahead of him he just immediately hoofed the ball straight to the Stoke CB's. Deserved to walk for doing his usual trick of hacking down players that are too good and quick for him as well, have to be incredibly thick to make that sort of challenge on a yellow card knowing you can't win the ball.

Didn't think it warranted a second yellow personally, Mark Hughes can go fist himself.

Colback is better than Anita, but ultimately they are both fairly average.

I thought he played the ball.

Took his goal very well.

You always think he plays well no matter how bad he is though.

Didn't think it warranted a second yellow personally, Mark Hughes can go fist himself.

Colback is better than Anita, but ultimately they are both fairly average.

I thought he played the ball.

Took his goal very well.

You always think he plays well no matter how bad he is though.

Never said he played well. I said he took his goal well.

Stoke were horrible and dirty. At least he stood up to the cunts. Clayheads.

Took his goal well. Had a go. Has his limitations but an effective player in this league.

Guest TruToon94

Anita, Tiote, Sissoko, Abeid and De Jong should be the basis of the middle of the park. Colback is miles behind all of them yet I bet when fully fit he'll still get in the team as first choice.

Nice goal BUT nowhere near enough to justify his running around like a headless chicken. He's like Guthrie but with less talent.

Anita, Tiote, Sissoko, Abeid and De Jong should be the basis of the middle of the park. Colback is miles behind all of them yet I bet when fully fit he'll still get in the team as first choice.

Nice goal BUT nowhere near enough to justify his running around like a headless chicken. He's like Guthrie but with less talent.

Depends who the manager is I guess.

I don't dislike Colback really, but he is limited and he disappears out of the game later on.

Sissoko is the only midfielder who's distanced himself from the pack, a clear automatic starter.

After that, one shirt should be Abeid's to lose at the moment. Should really be back in the side ASAP.

Anita was a passenger too, though. At least Colback offers threat going forward.

The fact that he sneaks a goal here and there doesn't make up for the fact that he's a nothing player 95% of the time. You don't play him just because you hope he might get a goal at some point.

You play him because we don't have anyone better to play the box-to-box role. At least not until de Jong returns and Sissoko can be moved back there.

Miles behind Anita & Tiote. Hadaway an' shite.

It such rubbish, like. Tiote and Anita can't protect the defence or support the attack. Neither of them should be at NUFC yet they're held on some sort of pedestal because Graham Carr rated them at one point.