Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Are we getting one of these serious questions for Hendrick? Or is he still a Newcastle player? I’d blocked him out of my mind all this season and now I can’t remember if we loaned him or let him go 

Don't be silly.

Hayden in this side over Hendrick any day of the week. 

I hate this cunt.

Horrific 'footballer' and absolutely incredible he made it to the top level. Totally indicative of the shitshow prior to the takeover. Replacing Cabeye with this shithouse. Fuck me.

He's 34 later this year. If he's interested in playing for another couple of years, and wants to return to the region, then if he's willing to take a significant pay cut, he could do worse than Carlisle. Get a house in Matfen or Corbridge or somewhere, possibly start his coaching badges etc.

He probably could still do a job at a lower Championship club, but Sunderland and Boro will be beyond him now. He did spend 2 years at Ipswich and they are newly promoted, but I think their ambitions will also be above wor Jackie's level.

Edited by Paullow

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

He's 34 later this year. If he's interested in playing for another couple of years, and wants to return to the region, then if he's willing to take a significant pay cut, he could do worse than Carlisle. Get a house in Matfen or Corbridge or somewhere, possibly start his coaching badges etc.

He probably could still do a job at a lower Championship club, but Sunderland and Boro will be beyond him now. He did spend 2 years at Ipswich and they are newly promoted, but I think their ambitions will also be above wor Jackie's level.

Sunderland still play "O'9". He's better than him still. 

49 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder if he’ll be making a return to the stadium of faecal matter. Do they despise him as much as we do though?

They did a banner of him being hanged for the first derby game he played for us so aye, don’t think they’re keen. 

Sickening to see this thread resurface btw.  

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sunderland still play "O'9". He's better than him still. 

You make him sound like a Star Wars droid. He’s worse, I’d rather have C3P0 anchoring the midfield than that clogger. 

10 hours ago, Paullow said:

Don't mind Carlisle. Go across to watch them quite a bit when they're at home and NUFC are away/not playing, so hope he doesn't turn up there because that would put me off going.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Don't mind Carlisle. Go across to watch them quite a bit when they're at home and NUFC are away/not playing, so hope he doesn't turn up there because that would put me off going.

I quite like Carlisle too.  Mrs BB did her degree there - always thought it was canny for a day out on a sunny day (August / May matches).  Without wanting to upset any lurking Cumbrians, I know it is geographically in the North West but (accent and culturally) it feels more 'North East'.  Also helped by the fact that the BBC North East and Tyne Tees also covered that part of the country.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Ha, similar to an extent.

I was meaning to ask, what time did you leave Wembley last week? I assume you would have missed the 83rd minute equaliser with there being a load of stoppage time in the first half which would have probably affected your timings heading to Stamford Bridge?

If I was him or any player around his age I’d either fuck off somewhere hot like Portugal, or somewhere else like USA, Canada, Australia for a better quality of life for the family.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If I was him or any player around his age I’d either fuck off somewhere hot like Portugal, or somewhere else like USA, Canada, Australia for a better quality of life for the family.

Surely given he's Ginger, only Canada is realistic?

1 hour ago, jackyboy said:

Colback wasn't that bad, at least I've seen worse but his biggest problem to me was the amount of free kicks he gave away around our penalty area

He'd be a canny player if the rules were like netball and you weren't allowed to move once the ball was in possession. At least I think those are netball rules.

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Ha, similar to an extent.

I was meaning to ask, what time did you leave Wembley last week? I assume you would have missed the 83rd minute equaliser with there being a load of stoppage time in the first half which would have probably affected your timings heading to Stamford Bridge?

Left on 70 minutes. Had to get 2 tubes from Wembley Park. First one to Westminster and had to change for Fulham Broadway. Still missed the first minute at Stamford Bridge as well due to a fire alert at West Ham Station which meant our 1st tube had to wait ages at every station as they were starting to get backed up as they couldn't go through there.

Was gutted about missing the Extra time and a dramatic Penalty shoot out mind but it was a brilliant day overall. The train down was probably a 50/50 mix of Newcastle and Carlisle fans and the banter was brilliant. All really good natured with not a hint of trouble or hostility from either side. Just how it should be.

Actually enjoyed the Wembley experience more than I did back in February for the League Cup Final. Crowd was only 34k so the ease of getting inside the stadium and being able to walk up to the bar and get served instantly rather than having to wait 45 minutes like I did at the LC Final was nice. Also I wasn't impresssed with our £26 seats. We were in Row 6 next to the corner flag and the view was poor so we simply identified a few empty seats in a far more expensive section and moved around to there!

Also got to say 15k Carlisle fans made more noise than 33k Newcastle fans did back in February. They gave the team incredible backing. I know some people blamed the stadium acoustics after our appearance but that wasn't an issue on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

[emoji38] if that’s a weather related bants, it was 32 degrees here most of the week. 

I remember going to Toronto in 2016 with my Aunty. They said that it was due to thunder later on, so me being me I thought I’d wear my jeans over shorts.

Fucking hell it was 32 degrees in the air, it must have been 34 or more at street level. Brand new 501’s and they would have been cut right up if I could have found a pair of scissors.

People think that Canada is cold all the time, in the summer it is red hot. I think when I went the week before they had to have their heating on, and the week I arrived they had to go straight into putting their air on on, usually they have a months or so of needing neither.

The vast majority of where people live in Canada is further south than most of Spain.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Money in America will be mediocre at best and I honestly debate on 'quality of life'. 

6 minutes ago, Viana said:

Money in America will be mediocre at best and I honestly debate on 'quality of life'. 

I debate the quality of life being better than the average person from the U.K. vs USA, however if say he did move, he would already have millions from his playing career. On top of that he would still earn more than the average American. The quality of life of a rich person in America is vastly different to the quality of life to the average person in America.

Regardless, I just can’t see any Premier League or Championship club taking him in, and he won’t drop to League One. If he doesn’t require, he’ll have to go abroad.