Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anita was a passenger too, though. At least Colback offers threat going forward.

The fact that he sneaks a goal here and there doesn't make up for the fact that he's a nothing player 95% of the time. You don't play him just because you hope he might get a goal at some point.

You play him because we don't have anyone better to play the box-to-box role. At least not until de Jong returns and Sissoko can be moved back there.

Box to box :lol: Well he does get box to box I suppose, it just takes him twice as long to get there as his opposite number.

I actually stuck up for Colback when we signed him when quite a few weren't happy at signing an ex-mackem ginger cunt. None of that bothers me as much as the fact he just can't cover ground quick enough, hence the late tackles.

I think decent's a stretch. Alright is probably closer to the truth. :coolsmiley:

He was total shit apart from the goal yesterday, which was well taken. I'd have him in the side over Anita, who is invisible most of the time.

Nobody thinks Colback's owt special. He's simply a decent player with decent set-pieces and goal threat. That sees him stroll into our CM.

Nope, I'd have Abeid in there ahead of him just because he's far more mobile which you need at this level. He's a genuine box to box player.

I think decent's a stretch. Alright is probably closer to the truth. :coolsmiley:

He was total shit apart from the goal yesterday, which was well taken. I'd have him in the side over Anita, who is invisible most of the time.

Yesterday ???

It's tomorrow here.

He's never been a goal threat in his entire career up until the last 6 games.

He can strike a good ball, similar to Seb Larsson, but also similar in that he's not quick enough to compete in open play without hacking players down.

Guest TruToon94

I'm completely unsure about Anita though, I've always wanted to see him get a decent stretch of games together in a settled side but it's never going to happen. He's obviously not a world beater either.

I rate him the same kind of player Guthrie with. The kind who is a 7/10 player. Not your main guy, but mostly solid, fairly accurate with passing and an ideal first back up.

Thing is though our club since he's been here have rarely had tactics and we have it's the horrible Stoke style of bash em up play which obviously for somebody less that 5 5 and weighs as much isn't exactly ideal.

In a passing team he'd be good, in a physical team he isn't. You'd never see him launch into tackles like Colback did today and whether you think that is a good or bad thing depends on you.

I'm completely unsure about Anita though, I've always wanted to see him get a decent stretch of games together in a settled side but it's never going to happen. He's obviously not a world beater either.

I rate him the same kind of player Guthrie with. The kind who is a 7/10 player. Not your main guy, but mostly solid, fairly accurate with passing and an ideal first back up.

Thing is though our club since he's been here have rarely had tactics and we have it's the horrible Stoke style of bash em up play which obviously for somebody less that 5 5 and weighs as much isn't exactly ideal.

In a passing team he'd be good, in a physical team he isn't. You'd never see him launch into tackles like Colback did today and whether you think that is a good or bad thing depends on you.

Anita doesn't deserve that praise. Guthrie was 10 x the player for us.

He doesn't have decent set pieces like, yes they're better than whoever floating it to the back post but that doesn't make them decent. For the most part they're shit, nowhere near enough pace/whip on them.

Him or Nolan in the team, who would you rather?

I was happy to see Nolan gone if only so we could move away from the lump it hump it football philosophy. Granted he's effective in that role, but there's a reason he's at West Ham not Liverpool.

Guest TruToon94

Nolan has lost it now but I'll be damned if we lie and say him, Barton and Carroll under the management of Hughton wasn't the best I've felt about the club since Sir Bobby left.

I'd take beating the Mackems 5-1 and actually having a go at every team regardless of stature than the souless shite we've had to endure for four years any day.

Guest firetotheworks

We all got very sick of Nolan because as a midfielder he was really rubbish and was often played there, but as a second striker his knack for doing the whole right place, right time thing was uncanny. That Championship season and the first half of the PL season was the last time that I felt really part of the club. The end of the 5th place finish was great in all honesty, but there was something really special about that team when (for me) Carroll was up front bullying defenders.

It was a minor miracle he hadn't scored before then, though. He gets into the right areas and has a good shot on him with both feet. He's scored more PL goals than Anita and Tiote combined in that period alone.

It was a minor miracle he hadn't scored before then, though. He gets into the right areas and has a good shot on him with both feet. He's scored more PL goals than Anita and Tiote combined in that period alone.

Tiote has never been a threat and he disrupts the way we play. As for Anita he could work very well for us picking the ball up from the back 4, I would rather Abeid in that role though. If we are to play 433 it will work best with Abeid sitting, a daily disciplined Moussa and De jong.

If football was a turn based RPG game then no doubt Colback would be top dog. In open play though he ends up grabbing players by the arm to stop them getting away from him or hacking them down due to his lack of pace and athleticism. Tiote and Abeid offer far more as defensive midfielders and Sissoko offers far more as an attacking one. Colback is just a glorified set piece taker.

He doesn't have decent set pieces like, yes they're better than whoever floating it to the back post but that doesn't make them decent. For the most part they're shit, nowhere near enough pace/whip on them.

In pre-season and at the start of the season his set pieces were decent. Since then though they have been shocking, in fact everyone taking our set pieces have been shocking. It's annoying knowing that a set piece is going to be wasted and actually be more of a danger to us defensively before it's even been taken.