Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Lee's perspective on JC:

"If I’m honest I didn’t really know exactly what Colback was about when he was at Sunderland. I knew he was a hard-working, busy player but other than that it was hard to see what he offered.

Since he’s been at Newcastle though I’ve seen more and more of him and I’ve admired his performances.

Alongside Daryl Janmaat he was United’s outstanding player for me last season.

What I would say is that Colback needs to start pushing on a little bit.

He needs to add more goals to his game. It’s goals that really start to get people noticed – and if he scores a greater number this season then Hodgson will have to take a proper look at him and he can become a Three Lions regular."

Discuss...  :-X

I have never heard a pundit/ex player say a negative thing about Colback. They all sing his praises when his name is mentioned. It is a strange one. Especially for such a top midfielder like Rob Lee. He was everything you could want in centre midfield, Colback is about 700 mile behind them standards.

In Lee's defence, if he's just seen him scoring a couple of goals in a shower of shit team on MOTD, I can understand how he thinks Colback was one of our better players.

It's a shame he doesn't have the ego to look at Colback and think "I was miles better than that. He's not good enough" or even the memory to think of how good Cabaye could be for us. It seems by and large, most of our ex-pros are a little short in the head when it actually comes to football. I think it says something when Micky Quinn seems to be making the most sense.

Colback's thing seems to me to be he rarely makes any catastrophic fuckups and doesn't make any headlines either positive or negative, so I can only assume that people who don't watch us that often see he's in the team every week and conclude he's a solid performer, otherwise he wouldn't be in the team etc. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Rob Lee is one of my favourite NUFC players of all time, which is why it's always disappointing when you hear him talk about football and he defends Pardew (in Public at least)/Goes on about having English players/rates Jack Colback.

If a player like Beardsley can be the way that he is away from the player he was then anything's possible though, I suppose.