Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lad next to me singing his praises, yet he was fucking awful. How come players like Anita, Aarons, Perez maybe Armstrong do not get given as many anonymous games as this fucker or Oberwank or any other shit we stick with, instead they get slated after 1 or 2  sub appearances or the odd 90 mins.

I know it's not a popular thing to say but I thought he played alright today and was one of a few to put a shift in.

Explain what you mean by put a shift in

Covered for others, tackled back, actually worked and looked like he gave a shit.

Shame he did it all at a snail's pace so the opposition just ran around him at will.

There's a new virus at the match. It's the "goarrn colback lad" disease. Every single match I have some clueless cunt sitting near me who spends the whole 90 minutes shouting or at least muttering "go on colback lad" or "get in colback lad" or variations of this when the useless bastard tries to make a challenge or do something beyond be totally useless. It makes me hate him even more that so many can't see he's a talentless, paceless, clueless waste of fucking space.

There was one moment in the second half where he totally mistimed a jump for a ball like a fucking child on a school playground. Was unbelievable. Shite bastard.

There was one moment in the second half where he totally mistimed a jump for a ball like a fucking child on a school playground. Was unbelievable. Shite bastard.

Was referring to this earlier. It really was unbelievable. He was all alone, unchallenged too :lol:

There's a new virus at the match. It's the "goarrn colback lad" disease. Every single match I have some clueless cunt sitting near me who spends the whole 90 minutes shouting or at least muttering "go on colback lad" or "get in colback lad" or variations of this when the useless bastard tries to make a challenge or do something beyond be totally useless. It makes me hate him even more that so many can't see he's a talentless, paceless, clueless waste of fucking space.

:lol: :thup:

Played like he had shrunk 5 inches over night and hadn't noticed. Was absolutely no where near almost every aerial ball he went for. Does quite a lot of that tackling but still not coming out with the ball that seems to be a feature with a lot of our players.

There's a new virus at the match. It's the "goarrn colback lad" disease. Every single match I have some clueless c*** sitting near me who spends the whole 90 minutes shouting or at least muttering "go on colback lad" or "get in colback lad" or variations of this when the useless b****** tries to make a challenge or do something beyond be totally useless. It makes me hate him even more that so many can't see he's a talentless, paceless, clueless waste of f***ing space.

There was one moment in the second half where he totally mistimed a jump for a ball like a f***ing child on a school playground. Was unbelievable. s**** b******.

:lol: :thup:  :smitten:

In the last 180 minutes I think he's managed to misplace 5 or 6 passes straight into the oppositions players without pressure and after about 10 seconds on the ball. How a professional footballer can manage this is beyond me. If I was McClaren I'd make this guy hit 1000 passes to a teammate without a miss every training before allowing him near the starting XI again. It's just shameful. I get it happens when under pressure, but he's done it with all the time in his world and this is the reason why Anita has to start for us.

He reminds me so much of Nicky Butt,  nowhere to be seen when we are attacking, nowhere to be seen when we are defending, where the f*** does he go?? :lol:

He's a coward who thinks he's made it because he knows the crowd will give him all the slack he needs. Won the lottery when we had al pards as manager looking for a strapping Geordie lad to take on the local pacifier role. Just shows how little anyone running NUFC understands about NUFC fans, and that includes braindead fools like Carver and Stone.

He reminds me so much of Nicky Butt,  nowhere to be seen when we are attacking, nowhere to be seen when we are defending, where the f*** does he go?? [emoji38]

He's a coward who thinks he's made it because he knows the crowd will give him all the slack he needs. Won the lottery when we had al pards as manager looking for a strapping Geordie lad to take on the local pacifier role. Just shows how little anyone running NUFC understands about NUFC fans, and that includes braindead fools like Carver and Stone.

Eh the majority of our fans love him.

He reminds me so much of Nicky Butt,  nowhere to be seen when we are attacking, nowhere to be seen when we are defending, where the f*** does he go?? [emoji38]

The majority of our fans are idiots. I would love him too if he actually had any ability. The majority of our fans can't see that he has none. I'm all for having local lads who can actually play football over foreigners any day because they should, in theory, put in that extra 5% of thunder that might bring some f***ing hope and joy to the soulless pit that SJP has become.

Your original point is incorrect. The Geordie trick has worked a trick from a PR perspective.

Which was exactly what I said. It worked from a PR point of view but not a footballing one. Fans rarely turn against individual players en masse, especially inside the stadium, so they'll definitely not turn against good Geordie lad Jack. But they still display frustration and anger towards a bad football side that includes Colback.

That's going to be a big problem, especially if McClaren doesn't have the balls to drop a local lad.

He reminds me so much of Nicky Butt,  nowhere to be seen when we are attacking, nowhere to be seen when we are defending, where the f*** does he go?? :lol:

The difference is that Butt's legs were completely shot, so he was pretty much confined to the centre circle. Colback is 8 or 9 years younger than Butt when we had him, and actively hides from the ball at times. Butt was incredibly limited and the definition of flogging a dead horse, but he never hid.