Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long before this ubercunt is suspended again? iirc it's 2 matches for 10 yellows? Utter pap today apart from one or two clearances.

That short corner attempt towards the end of the game summed him up. Opportunity to whip a good ball into the box...plays it short, gets it back and doesn't beat the first man.

It's ridiculous how terrible he is.

How long before this ubercunt is suspended again? iirc it's 2 matches for 10 yellows? Utter pap today apart from one or two clearances.

That short corner attempt towards the end of the game summed him up. Opportunity to whip a good ball into the box...plays it short, gets it back and doesn't beat the first man.

It's ridiculous how terrible he is.

I lost it at the tv when he did that. Even Townsend rightly blasted his stupidity in the commentary.

I'll never understand why people hate players picking up a yellow card. It's not like he's consistently getting sent off for two yellows.

Is that a serious question? When your central (supposedly combative) midfielder is on a yellow, he has to be on his best behavior so as not to risk a second yellow. Players in that position have to take risks sometimes to stop imminent attacks. I wouldn't mind him picking up yellows, it's just that 99% of the time they're stupidly avoidable yellows where he could have just let the player go as they posed very little threat. Save taking the yellow card for when it's worth it, and not when you foul an opponent in their own fucking half because you can't tackle for shit.

Right. There was a moment I think before we scored the winner where Kane outmuscled him on the half way line and took the ball up the pitch. Colback stayed with him but couldn't do anything because he was on a yellow. That would have been the moment to get a yellow, not the one he got in the first half.

Right. There was a moment I think before we scored the winner where Kane outmuscled him on the half way line and took the ball up the pitch. Colback stayed with him but couldn't do anything because he was on a yellow. That would have been the moment to get a yellow, not the one he got in the first half.

I remember shouting for him to bring Kane down and take the red for the team.

I'll never understand why people hate players picking up a yellow card. It's not like he's consistently getting sent off for two yellows.

Is that a serious question? When your central (supposedly combative) midfielder is on a yellow, he has to be on his best behavior so as not to risk a second yellow. Players in that position have to take risks sometimes to stop imminent attacks. I wouldn't mind him picking up yellows, it's just that 99% of the time they're stupidly avoidable yellows where he could have just let the player go as they posed very little threat. Save taking the yellow card for when it's worth it, and not when you foul an opponent in their own f***ing half because you can't tackle for s***.

Spot on both of you.

Is that a serious question? When your central (supposedly combative) midfielder is on a yellow, he has to be on his best behavior so as not to risk a second yellow. Players in that position have to take risks sometimes to stop imminent attacks. I wouldn't mind him picking up yellows, it's just that 99% of the time they're stupidly avoidable yellows where he could have just let the player go as they posed very little threat. Save taking the yellow card for when it's worth it, and not when you foul an opponent in their own fucking half because you can't tackle for shit.

It's more the nature of the yellows which piss me off. Because he lacks pace it's inevitable he's going to be late on tackles where the attacker has a good run on him.

Getting a yellow as a CM who's role is to break up play and provide cover within the first 25 minutes every match essentially takes you out of the match. You're unable to do a professional foul on a counter that could lead to a goal if you're pushed up, you're unable to go in hard on any challenges or take gambles. Its fucking poor stuff.

If he was a DM who broke up play then I would take as many yellow cards as necessary. Fact is he's a poor midfielder who gets booked a lot without breaking up play, because he has bad positioning and little athleticism.

Pretty much this.

Also it's not like he gets a yellow every now and then or "takes one for the team" with his fouls either. He's the most booked player in the league since 2013 and most of those are petty lunges where he's too slow or lacks the agility to challenge the ball properly.

He's basically just become another auxiliary left back. It's fine if we are going to play a sitting game then hit on the counter, but when we are playing the weaker teams I think it's going to be impossible to dominate games with Colback and Anita as the central pairing. It's why we are getting pissed on by the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester and Palace.