Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chronic - fapworthy

Rafa Benitez has made it clear that Jack Colback is not close to returning to the first team with Newcastle United - despite a back injury to Mikel Merino.

The former Sunderland and Ipswich Town man was relegated to the reserves after failing to agree a summer move to either Hull City or Wolverhampton Wanderers.

And Benitez has suggested that’s where he will stay as he looks to maintain a close-knit squad at the first team end of the club’s Benton base.

Benitez was asked about Colback’s situation today after news of Merino’s absence through a back injury was confirmed.

He said: “He is training with the U23s at the Academy.

“He knows the situation and I only concentrate on players I actually have. Without Merino, we can play Mo Diame, Jonjo Shelvey, Isaac Hayden and Henri Saivet.

“We can also play Chancel Mbemba there. Jack knows the situation.”

Merino has now been withdrawn from Spain Under-21s for the international break and will miss the game with AFC Bournemouth.

He said: “Mikel Merino will be out for at least a couple of weeks, we still need to wait to see. The problem is his lower back. He felt it against Liverpool originally.”

:lol:

He played 21 games last season. He's shite but Rafa must really not like him for whatever happened. Surprised as he seems a pretty tame person.

As much as Colback is shit, I don't think this is a good way to treat someone. He tries hard, he's just crap.

Rafa played Colback in the 10 remaining games he was in charge of in the season before last and whenever he was available last season. Rafa would have been trying to coach Colback and would have made allowances for his weaknesses. It is alledged that Rafa tried to teach Colback something new or work on one of his weaknesses and Colback told him to ‘fuck off’ when he realised he couldn’t do it.

This is not a case of Rafa not giving him a chance as he’s tried to develope Colback into a better player and has given over a seasons worth of games. Colback has responded with a bad atttitide. I’m fully with Rafa on this one.

Guest reefatoon

Just like the Mackems and their 6 in a row nonsense this little prick is getting his comeuppance since the 3-0 photo. No loyalty, no passion, no professional pride and seemingly a total c***.

Was he not showing those things for the team he was actually playing for at the time?

To get back on track though, it's glorious not having him anywhere near playing. The useless little twat.

Krul Mitrovic Mbemba Gamez .... comparing with them Colback probably got the most appropriate treatment so he has no right to complain.

However I did have a little bit concern towards Rafas' handling of certain players. Ruthless to rubbish players are not a problem but Rafa gotta make sure it doesn't affect those that aren't rubbish.

Got it on good authority he told Rafa to fuck off when asked to fill in with the first team in training after he'd been relegated to the ressies. Deserves all the pelters he gets, the little rectangle.

Chronic - fapworthy

Rafa Benitez has made it clear that Jack Colback is not close to returning to the first team with Newcastle United - despite a back injury to Mikel Merino.

The former Sunderland and Ipswich Town man was relegated to the reserves after failing to agree a summer move to either Hull City or Wolverhampton Wanderers.

And Benitez has suggested that’s where he will stay as he looks to maintain a close-knit squad at the first team end of the club’s Benton base.

Benitez was asked about Colback’s situation today after news of Merino’s absence through a back injury was confirmed.

He said: “He is training with the U23s at the Academy.

“He knows the situation and I only concentrate on players I actually have. Without Merino, we can play Mo Diame, Jonjo Shelvey, Isaac Hayden and Henri Saivet.

“We can also play Chancel Mbemba there. Jack knows the situation.”

Merino has now been withdrawn from Spain Under-21s for the international break and will miss the game with AFC Bournemouth.

He said: “Mikel Merino will be out for at least a couple of weeks, we still need to wait to see. The problem is his lower back. He felt it against Liverpool originally.”

[emoji38]

He played 21 games last season. He's s**** but Rafa must really not like him for whatever happened. Surprised as he seems a pretty tame person.

Nah he's ruthless when he needs to be and we are better for it. He'll have had a chance to upgrade on Colback and Jack fucked it up so he's dead to him. :thup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...