Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wasn't the fall out because he wouldn't try? In training?

After he wouldn't move on after being told he wasn't needed as well? I feel like there's a very good reason for his exclusion but also he's so profoundly shit that I don't much care how valid it is as long as he's gone.

As much as Colback is s***, I don't think this is a good way to treat someone. He tries hard, he's just crap.

One of the biggest myths going.

All I can say is what I've observed. He gets to the man/ball late because he's got the strength and athleticism of a strawberry jelly, not because he's not trying.

After he wouldn't move on after being told he wasn't needed as well? I feel like there's a very good reason for his exclusion but also he's so profoundly shit that I don't much care how valid it is as long as he's gone.

I think that's what pissed Rafa off tbh. Colback had a move lined up for him but chose to sit on his contract and put his feet up instead. Absolutely no professional pride the little cunt.

Trying to publicly force him out the door in Jan me thinks. Unfortunately Jack loves the club too much (heard he was caught botting the drains at the training ground once) and won't be moved.

I was watching Jessica Jones during my work out this morning, S1E3, could have sworn he was trying to attack Jessica in his parents apartment. Today's developments though are just confirmation of what we knew, Rafa wants him out, think he'll be gone in January on loan or even a free transfer.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: Would only be funnier if he'd said Sels instead of Mbemba.

Not since Keegan have we had a manager who isn't completely blinded by the illusions that some have other managers under. In the 14 years that Shola was here, he was the only one that realised that training Shola doesn't equal match day Shola.

As much as Colback is s***, I don't think this is a good way to treat someone. He tries hard, he's just crap.

One of the biggest myths going. If anything, he tries hard to hide during games and is very good at it.

Absolutely.

[emoji38] Would only be funnier if he'd said Sels instead of Mbemba.

Not since Keegan have we had a manager who isn't completely blinded by the illusions that some have other managers under. In the 14 years that Shola was here, he was the only one that realised that training Shola doesn't equal match day Shola.

Let us not forget how long Taylor got away with it for.

I think that's what pissed Rafa off tbh. Colback had a move lined up for him but chose to sit on his contract and put his feet up instead. Absolutely no professional pride the little cunt.

It's definitely this. He's wasting everyone's time including his own, which will be in Rafa's thinking as he knows that Jack isn't good enough and doesn't buy into 'fight for your place' rhetoric. He was told he wasn't wanted and seems to have ignored it. It's not great way to treat someone but I get the impression that he knew what the stakes were and has chosen to be belligerent.

Chronic - fapworthy

Rafa Benitez has made it clear that Jack Colback is not close to returning to the first team with Newcastle United - despite a back injury to Mikel Merino.

The former Sunderland and Ipswich Town man was relegated to the reserves after failing to agree a summer move to either Hull City or Wolverhampton Wanderers.

And Benitez has suggested that’s where he will stay as he looks to maintain a close-knit squad at the first team end of the club’s Benton base.

Benitez was asked about Colback’s situation today after news of Merino’s absence through a back injury was confirmed.

He said: “He is training with the U23s at the Academy.

“He knows the situation and I only concentrate on players I actually have. Without Merino, we can play Mo Diame, Jonjo Shelvey, Isaac Hayden and Henri Saivet.

“We can also play Chancel Mbemba there. Jack knows the situation.”

Merino has now been withdrawn from Spain Under-21s for the international break and will miss the game with AFC Bournemouth.

He said: “Mikel Merino will be out for at least a couple of weeks, we still need to wait to see. The problem is his lower back. He felt it against Liverpool originally.”

I accept the forthcoming beating, but I vastly prefer Colback (and Saivet, tbf) to Diame. At a minimum, he can run for 90 minutes without his legs falling off. I am not sure I agree with the way Rafa has handled him tbh, but if the other players have no problem with this, then no one should really feel any sympathy for him. He still picks up his weekly wage and can move on in two month's time.

One of the biggest myths going. If anything, he tries hard to hide during games and is very good at it.

Absolutely.

Yep. Has an incredible to hide when he should be looking to take possession.

If there were medals for being in the oppositions shadows this cunt would be in the guinness book of records.

I accept the forthcoming beating, but I vastly prefer Colback (and Saivet, tbf) to Diame. At a minimum, he can run for 90 minutes without his legs falling off. I am not sure I agree with the way Rafa has handled him tbh, but if the other players have no problem with this, then no one should really feel any sympathy for him. He still picks up his weekly wage and can move on in two month's time.

Diame doesn't have the upper body physique of an 8 year old girl like Colback does though. Whats the point in running if its 90 minutes of chasing shadows and tugging shirts?