Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Unfortunately it all but confirms that the club will do everything in their power to peddle him this summer. Still love him. :laugh:

I'm going to be gutted when we peddle him for a pittance in the summer.

I was sat a few feet away from Ben Arfa and all I can say is that he is an absolute star. He must have signed at least 100 autographs and had his picture taken with fans just as much. But that's not what made him a star today, it was the way he wouldn't back down to the stewards demanding that he went inside or the numerous demands to stop him signing autographs/posing for photos. He also stood up when the chant of "stand up if you hate Ashley" went around. Danny Simpson was also good humoured and sporting. When this lump of a steward sat down, one of the fans shouted to Simpson to give him a slap on the head and Simpson did a mock slap.

The stewards were pathetic like it has to be said, bairns going up to get an autograph and they usher them away as if they were potential terrorists. One went in a right huff when Ben Arfa leaned over to sign someone's shirt. He threw his arms up as if to say "look at what I have to put up with", pathetic.

Oh and how tragic was it to see Ben Arfa who is more NUFC than any of our players really, sat in the stands while we field a midfield of Goufran, Anita and Tiote with Shola up front as well. Sums us up under these c***s at the moment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a f***ing legend.

He was more animated today than most fans around us. When the anti-Pardew stuff was going around many looked at him for a reaction and he just shrugged as if to say "what is, is what is". I think he has had a decent relationship with Pardew at some point, but its obviously diminished and massively so. All throughout today he demonstrated a kind of affinity with the fans and a general downbeat kind of sadness that he was in the stands rather than out there on the pitch.

When people were chanting his name he showed a degree of humility by nodding and thanking fans for their support. Its the way he dealt with the stewards and other officials that impressed me though, they wanted him to return to in doors and he was having none of it, they also wanted him to refuse to sign things and to get involved with photos, but he was defiant and made many a fans' day, especially my mate's bairn who apparently, even at this late hour, won't shut up about meeting Ben Arfa and getting his sig.

That's what footy should be about, capturing the hearts and imagination of people, especially bairns who don't see the malaise or negativity, they go for the players, to cheer on their hero or heroes. In Ben Arfa we have just that kind of player and he is sat in the stands. Its criminal. Pardew should be sacked for that alone.

I'm a big fan of him as a footballer, and an even bigger fan as a character after witnessing some of the things I saw today.

He's like that away from the cameras as well. My daughter and her friend saw him in Gosforth just walking along West Avenue and he had no problem getting a photo with them when they asked. I know a few Newcastle legends who would have told them to beat it.

Excellent posts HTT. That "go, go, go" interview is heartbreaking when you think about the lifeless nobodies who actually play for us every week. Can't imagine any of them being that bothered if we chanted their names but Hatem visibly feeds of it.

It no coincidence that players are sat in that area every home game yet nothing like this has happened for probably years. Not even Danny fucking Simpson could ruin the moment. He's our best and most popular player and he's being banished from the club simply because he wants to attack and entertain us.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/vu9y6ynu.jpg

Clearly hated by the rest of the dressing room...

Clearly gigges by the rest of the dressing room...

Clearly.

'Gigges' though?

It's simply him or Pardew, depends who the fat guy sides with. I'd 100% go for losing Pardew over signing a £10m player, that's the choice if news reports are anything to go by.

he's gone full stop regardless of who's in charge.