Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

:lol: these are on Instagram tbh. I'm a man of the people, just keeping the morale up in threads I happen to post in

You do a good job on Twitter stuff as well mate

:thup: cheers. Still can't give it up even after The King sucking the life out of it

I know the feeling.

I won't give them cunts a penny of my money but I can't walk away

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-newcastle-united-players-who-7371019

5. Hatem Ben Arfa

Last but certainly not least. Even when he’s not playing for Newcastle he sometimes conspires to be the story but that’s what exquisite talent and a wayward attitude tend to do for any player, not least one with his extravagant gifts.

There was a brilliantly simple banner fluttered at away games last season that superimposed Ben Arfa’s face on Che Guevera’s image and it was romantic to portray him as mercurial revolutionary battling against Pardew’s functional football while the chips were down. He represented potential and possibility against a paucity of performance that left most Magpies cold.

But it is not entirely accurate. If Pardew hasn’t always handled him particularly superbly, the player has exasperated plenty of others with sound judgement including his captain Fabricio Coloccini. It’s rare for a player to have weight issues in this day and age but Ben Arfa has and what does that say about him? What, too, does the fact no-one has made a serious enquiry for him over the summer?

Both parties need to find a way to unlock this serious talent. It is in both of their interests.

Guest TruToon94

We're the only club this guy has ever really put one hundred and ten per cent in for. He won us matches, showed magic and it was like a time traveling member of the entertainers had come to cheer up the dull grey football we slowly had slid in to.

So what do we do? Play him for fifteen minutes a match and if he starts but doesn't have a WOW moment drop him. Seriously the whole thing is a joke and it makes me so angry. He obviously loves the club.

I do believe that a manager like De Boer could come in and easily make us a top six club with exciting attacking football. I have no doubt Ben Arfa would be a key part of it but sadly we're stuck with a terrible manager who seems to hate talent and a board that doesn't want to finish higher than eighth. Never thought I would say it but fuck this club.

He's a lot slimmer than me, don't get me wrong, but for a professional footballer to look like that is ridiculous. He's absolutely pissing his career away. No wonder he wants to stay at NUFC; as if a real club would put up with that from a winger of all players.

I agree, he does look overweight and clearly has stopped giving a toss, but Pardew has been responsible for a lot of that. Ben Arfa got sidelined at a crucial time when players were playing for their world cup places when it should have been extra motivation to play out of his skin. That's not to excuse him, but with some players who are known to be difficult personalities it takes a good manager to be able to handle it. Players like Cantona and Bellamy for example were too much for the shit managers, but were handled beautifully by the legends of the game.

Why's he not busting a gut to get fit so he can get a move to a club that would use him properly then?

reasons behind the scenes we don't know about?  maybe he wants to stay at the club and thinks he can outlive pardew

btw while i agree his shape looks poor with a couple of weeks intensive pre-season training he'd be as fit as a fucking fiddle imo

Why's he not busting a gut to get fit so he can get a move to a club that would use him properly then?

He's out of contract in a year so he can afford an extended holiday.

He's a lot slimmer than me, don't get me wrong, but for a professional footballer to look like that is ridiculous. He's absolutely pissing his career away. No wonder he wants to stay at NUFC; as if a real club would put up with that from a winger of all players.

I agree, he does look overweight and clearly has stopped giving a toss, but Pardew has been responsible for a lot of that. Ben Arfa got sidelined at a crucial time when players were playing for their world cup places when it should have been extra motivation to play out of his skin. That's not to excuse him, but with some players who are known to be difficult personalities it takes a good manager to be able to handle it. Players like Cantona and Bellamy for example were too much for the s*** managers, but were handled beautifully by the legends of the game.

I'm not sure you know what overweight means.

He's over weight for his body type and prior size. No doubt he's better at holding up the ball and all that. I'm not bothered - just as long as he can play 90 mins and still burn defenders left and right

Literally not a single person knows what weight he is :lol:

He is clearly carrying too much fat for an athlete though.  You can tell his body fat is too high.  I can't quite work out why people are denying this.

Guest firetotheworks

If he's fat or out of shape, then so is Rooney imo. That's not saying that HBA shouldn't be in better shape, I just think too much is being made of it.