Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

So much faith in Cabella that he was favouring both Obertan and Gouffran as recently as last month.

HBA had to win a few games by himself before he got a run of games. Marveaux only ever started when we had many injuries otherwise he was the obligatory "wild card" from the bench.

No way HBA plays like Cabella and gets as much game time.

You can't make any solid conclusions on any player under the tenure of Alan pardew. His man management is that abysmal as has been at every club he's been at to the extreme of shagging a players wife. When other players are sent out en mass with him for similar reasons you can't simply label it as bad apple behaviour. Quite frankly the cabaye going on strike thing was disgusting yet both HBA's critics and pardew would have him on the team sheet with the first stroke of the pen. Hypocrites all.

I think it's always been obvious that Ben Arfa was the one who stood up to Pardew and questioned his shit football when the cloggers kept their heads down. How anyone could question the Kings authority is a mystery to him, so he was frozen out and lied about (we know they do this, they've admitted as much).

To say he was given a decent crack? Joke! In different positions? Hoiked out on the left and vilified for not being able to play in the wrong position. He'd never flourish in a Pardew team, too much of a "luxury" player for a defensive outfit. Bruce will never get the best out of him either.

If he'd have had the chance to work for someone like Keegan or Sir Bobby all you doubters would be drooling over him.

FWIW Ben Arfa would have worked his bollocks off doing whatever Keegan and Sir Bobby told him. They'd equally get him believing to do what it takes wherever on the pitch b/c they'd have put an arm around him and joked with him at how easy it is for him to round players and cause havoc.

IMO, Ben Arfa seems exactly the player who will run through a wall for you if you just treated him the right way and believed in him. Know that he has his "bad" and "good" days

FWIW Ben Arfa would have worked his bollocks off doing whatever Keegan and Sir Bobby told him. They'd equally get him believing to do what it takes wherever on the pitch b/c they'd have put an arm around him and joked with him at how easy it is for him to round players and cause havoc.

IMO, Ben Arfa seems exactly the player who will run through a wall for you if you just treated him the right way and believed in him. Know that he has his "bad" and "good" days

I don't think he would be a work horse for them but his work-ethic wasn't tremendously poor in any case. Those managers would've dealt with a bit of defensive slacking and accepted a few under-performing games which is more important.

I actually think the supposed lack of work rate from HBA was one of those myths that built up without any real evidence.  I always thought he worked pretty hard for the team to be honest.  I genuinely can't think of many matches where he neglected his defensive duties to the extent people claim he did.

Guest firetotheworks

I actually think the supposed lack of work rate from HBA was one of those myths that built up without any real evidence.  I always thought he worked pretty hard for the team to be honest.  I genuinely can't think of many matches where he neglected his defensive duties to the extent people claim he did.

:thup:

Agreed. I genuinely believe Pardew's ideal wide player is Willian.

Guest firetotheworks

I had a real dislike for Camoranesi for no real reason. He got right on my tits, the way he ran, everything.

Souness is a good example of someone who by all accounts seems like a thoroughly decent bloke, with good opinions on football when they're a pundit, being a manager and throwing it all out of the window because their ego overrides everything that they should know and probably do know deep down.

I had a real dislike for Camoranesi for no real reason. He got right on my tits, the way he ran, everything.

Souness is a good example of someone who by all accounts seems like a thoroughly decent bloke, with good opinions on football when they're a pundit, being a manager and throwing it all out of the window because their ego overrides everything that they should know and probably do know deep down.

Don't think he's a particularly good pundit but next to Jamie Redknapp he would seem like a genius. He's definitely a graft over talent football person. talks a fair bit of common sense.

Having played his best football under a tactics first, foreign manager I find Jamie Redknapp very interesting despite his annoying voice. Neville seems to be a student of the game and has an openness in his thoughts which is refreshing.

I'm almost convinced that as a general rule the biggest egos in football belong to those who set up their team primarily to nullify. There are exceptions but the nicest, most self-deprecating ones at the forefront of the game let their players off the leash.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm almost convinced that as a general rule the biggest egos in football belong to those who set up their team primarily to nullify. There are exceptions but the nicest, most self-deprecating ones at the forefront of the game let their players off the leash.

It does seem to be a general rule in there.

http://bin617-01.website-voetbal.nl/sites/voetbal.nl/files/imagecache/520x280/Johan%20Cruijff.jpg

Cruyff has very strong beliefs on the game and won't waive them for anyone, whether they are right or wrong.

But I don't believe he's overly arrogant above his achievements level.

Basically he is Dutch.