Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Pardew saw through him, the back room staff saw through him, the dressing room saw through him, Steve Bruce saw through him and the fact that he was got rid of before he even got to Christmas suggests the rest of Hull FC agreed with Bruce and NUFC.

Of course them lot only have professional qualifications and first hand experience of having to deal with him on a day to day basis to make an informed judgement.

Bags of talent, bereft of any sort of work ethic, not what any club needs - unless of course you think we should start every game with just 10 people on the pitch.

Pardew :lol: he's got great judgement. Wish we'd signed Colin Kazim Richards like Pards wanted

I honestly don't know how you can be arsed to reply to this kind of shite :lol:

Funny how Pardew didn't "see through" Nile Ranger. He was in and around the team a month before he was sacked for all this shit and more...

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street, but was found not guilty of this in trial in October 2012.[27]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[28] In March 2012 he was convicted of being drunk and disorderly and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £135 costs.[29][better source needed] Prior to this, in May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[30][31] The gun was later handed in.[32][better source needed]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[33] Later in the month he was arrested once more, this time for breaching terms of his bail whilst awaiting trial on four assault charges.[29]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[34] The charge against Ranger was dropped in November 2012 after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[35]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[36] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[37] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[38]

He was on the bench a week before the rape arrest which finally got him sacked.

“I think I’ve been fair with him.

“This guy is late so often, it is unbelievable. He’s still at this football club and we’re still trying to do something with him.

“But he will still not get back in the team unless he has a period of six weeks where he isn’t late.

“I don’t think it is going to happen.

“It is important, I’m not going to let him train with my first team because he is letting the other players down.”

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/69326000/jpg/_69326444_nileranger.jpg

Welcome back, Nile!

Yeah Blackburn but also loved that Villa goal.

Much like his Everton goal. Just a rocket out of nowhere. Happy to have been at the ground to see it. What an eruption.

Don't want to quote that whole Nile Ranger post, but worth noting that precise examples are mentioned by Pardew. Which we never seemed to get regarding Benny.

Moot, now.

Pardew saw through him, the back room staff saw through him, the dressing room saw through him, Steve Bruce saw through him and the fact that he was got rid of before he even got to Christmas suggests the rest of Hull FC agreed with Bruce and NUFC.

Of course them lot only have professional qualifications and first hand experience of having to deal with him on a day to day basis to make an informed judgement.

Bags of talent, bereft of any sort of work ethic, not what any club needs - unless of course you think we should start every game with just 10 people on the pitch.

Pardew :lol: he's got great judgement. Wish we'd signed Colin Kazim Richards like Pards wanted

Hew man, them lot have professional qualifications, do yee? Do ye fuck.

My mate whose friends with one of the players quotes that player as saying he was as a complete and utter arsehole around training and in general but then that's just from one player.

I'm sure he might well have been, if you are a player with limited ability, it would piss you off no end to see a guy like HBA strutting around and probably taking the piss out of lesser players. Wasn't he supposed to have mimicked the King's legendary dinner snatch incident? At the end of the day though, I'm going to remember far more good moments provided by Ben Arfa than Blobby Elliott or James Perch no matter if they were sound lads who got on great with the rest of the squad.

Gutted about this. He was my favourite current NUFC player.

Still, at least we've got Riviére to get me up off my seat and give me some exciting moments with his ability to beat a player and score wonder goals.

Pretty clear Hatem wasn't sticking up for Pardew at any point either, he said something like "I don't want the manager to be sacked" in an on the cuff interview, that was it. It's pretty well reported that previous to that he confronted Pardew in the dressing room causing him to be exiled from the squad (turning up in the players' family section and being photographed with people who were holding the Sack Pardew leaflets etc).

Yeah Blackburn but also loved that Villa goal.

Much like his Everton goal. Just a rocket out of nowhere. Happy to have been at the ground to see it. What an eruption.

:thup: loved it. Also his performance against WBA away was amazing

Loved his 6 week run of leaving LB's on their arse. Notably Jose Enrique,Neil Taylor and some Sunderland goon.He took the piss against Sunderland too.

Before he was dropped it was clear every team decided to stick 2 men on him,not giving him an inch.That speaks volumes about how effective he was for us.

Instead of Pardew working out a way of opening up space for him,he dropped him.  :idiot2:

Good riddance. He has fallen out with everyone in the past and doesn't work hard enough - exactly the same as Sylvain Marveaux, Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, Remy Cabella, Gael Bigirimana, Jonas Gutierrez and Javier Mascherano. Trouble one and all.

Guest firetotheworks

Only player who stood up to pardew and spoke up when we were doing shit. Eventually saw him off as well, hero in my eyes

Don't be so stupid, man.  :lol:

Don't be so obnoxious, man.

Don't want to post that whole Nile Ranger post, but worth noting that precise examples are mentioned by Pardew. Which we never seemed to get regarding Benny.

Moot, now.

That was from 2012. Here's a few more... 

“I’ve said from day one that he needs to sort himself out as a ­professional footballer.

“He is always on the cusp of being late. We have stopped him being late but he is still frequently on the brink. We have only improved him five per cent. If he changed it to 50 per cent and was on time he would get belief from the other players.

“The other players look at him and say: ‘you are a young boy and you have to learn’. And he does. We have given him big opportunities.

“I think he is going to be a player. He is close. But whether that is with ­Newcastle is down to him. He has talent and we have to try and eke it out of him.”

“At the moment' date=' he's probably still at the stage of being an impact player to a degree. When I see a bit more of him in training, and see him on time and being disciplined, that's when I'll feel willing to put him in the first team.”[/quote']

Guest firetotheworks

My lasting memory of Ben Arfa will be him completely tearing apart the entire West Brom team at The Hawthorns. I loved all of his goals, particularly the Bolton, Blackburn and Villa ones, but for me there was nothing more exciting than watching him pick up the ball in a bit of space on the right and knowing that either something special was going to happen or something special was going to be attempted. That goal on the break with Cabaye and him was what I thought I was going to see much more of, so it's a shame, but for a long time we were desperate for a player like that, so we're still lucky, despite his lack of game time.

Absolutely adore him as a player and I'll be gushing about him for years. He was absolutely unplayable against West Brom, Sunderland, Liverpool, Villa and in a fair few other matches he was the only bit of quality - Fulham, West Ham, Spurs, Swansea, Norwich all at the start of 12/13 spring to mind.

Zero shits given what anyone thinks about him not being this and not being that, as far as I'm concerned you're simply wrong. Stood up to Pardew as well, which just makes it even better. Might be a dick, might be a lot of things, but as a player I fucking love him. Always will.

My lasting memory of Ben Arfa will be him completely tearing apart the entire West Brom team at The Hawthorns. I loved all of his goals, particularly the Bolton, Blackburn and Villa ones, but for me there was nothing more exciting than watching him pick up the ball in a bit of space on the right and knowing that either something special was going to happen or something special was going to be attempted.

That first half, man

Ah well. Some great memories of his play here, including some of the best goals I've ever seen live. Pretty clearly a nutcase but if it wasn't for that I'd have never seen him play for us at all.

Hope he does well there, but ultimately I don't really care any more. What he did/does after leaving won't tarnish what he did in a black and white shirt, despite some apparently wanting it to.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Couldn't care less.

:thup: So long as we have quality players like Jack Colback, we'll have all the excitement we'll ever need.