Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I've always felt a bit for Gouffran but there's no chance he's a centre forward, man. Not a good one anyway.

He scored a few goals once for us in succession but other than that his career, here and elsewhere, has hardly suggested it was the norm.

He might not be a very good one, but we definitely bought him as a striker, and that's where he was playing at his previous club. He's certainly not a winger that's for sure.

In the Championship I think he'd be sort of acceptable anywhere across the front line tbh, purely down to the lack of quality. I'm pretty sure the general consensus when we signed him was that he was one of the weird, Ryan Taylor-esque utility players with no real role in any side, and would be used as such but maybe I'm just imagining that in hindsight. He's clearly not a target man, he's not good enough in front of goal to be a centre forward, he's not creative enough for the wings.

When he came he looked good for like 2 games until everyone in the league sussed he was actually shite.

Jonas at the very least would retain possession and force fouls to slow shit down.

Gouffran should have been our sub-striker option, I have no doubt he would have done a decent enough job there as well. He was massively, massively Pardewed though.

B6mfUANCMAAwTZh.jpg:large

Signs for another mid-table team with a defensive minded manager. When will he learn? It's either that he that doesn't see a problem with shit, workman-like managers or he's simply too thick to learn from his "mistakes".

Either way, it does at the least indicate that he's a little bit at fault regarding how his career has shaped-out. (Just a little bit.)

Guest TruToon94

This is fucking bizzare... Why not wait until the new manager is appointed rather than shipping him out?

More reason to believe Carver is to take over.

This is fucking bizzare... Why not wait until the new manager is appointed rather than shipping him out?

Or Colo as captain said he's not welcome back here

Guest TruToon94

This is f***ing bizzare... Why not wait until the new manager is appointed rather than shipping him out?

So we're getting rid of pretty much the only player whose very name can put asses in seats and IMHO is our best player based on the opinion of a 32 year old who hasn't had a good game in 2 years? Christ this club is screwed.

This is f***ing bizzare... Why not wait until the new manager is appointed rather than shipping him out?

So we're getting rid of pretty much the only player whose very name can put asses in seats and IMHO is our best player based on the opinion of a 32 year old who hasn't had a good game in 2 years? Christ this club is screwed.

Basically yes. I personally would have sided with HBA over Colo as i don't think his conduct as captain has been brilliant and Colo is on his last legs, but the club seem to want to him him at all costs. The dressing room was split, the French lads Vs and the older pros stuff that was flying around last year that got the papers banned were completely true; cabaye kept it all together and as soon as he left it fell part whilst colo wasn't interested in healing it.

It left HBA in a vulnerable place with his allies being picked off one by one. One more overstep of the mark and it was showdown time, not with Pardew who's ego believed he could tame him, but with Colo who at this point had all the power and HBA was shipped out of the club to Hull once HBA was made poster boy of the fans campaign against the club and Pardew.

HBA & Pardew got along quite well, even when he left he didn't stick the knife in, even said he didnt want him sacked.

Well that's my take on it.

Guest firetotheworks

This reminds me so much of how I felt when Ginola left. Except I'm not 30 and not 12, so I can hold it together a bit more. The kid me would be in the fetal position, sobbing in the shower right now.

This reminds me so much of how I felt when Ginola left. Except I'm not 30 and not 12, so I can hold it together a bit more. The kid me would be in the fetal position, sobbing in the shower right now.

Dear God, man. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Dear God, man. :lol:

I would have thought that after being on here for like 7 years, you'd know when I'm exaggerating for comic effect like. :lol: