Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

2 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

I remember a compilation of highlights from his time with us.. think it may have been made by @ponsaelius back in the day. Couldn't find it anywhere online when I looked but would be great to watch it again

Think it got taken down. Somebody else reuploaded it somewhere. I'll try and find it mate as I might still have it on computer.

6 hours ago, Paully said:

Absolute genius - he should have gone right to the very top but I’m glad he was a fruitloop as we’d have never seen him here! 

I don't give a fuck I will always say he's the third best player of this generation. I don't give a fuck.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Think it got taken down. Somebody else reuploaded it somewhere. I'll try and find it mate as I might still have it on computer.

Awesome, thank you :)

Really think it stands as a great memorialization of his time here if it's able to be found, something beyond just the occasional twitter clip of the bolton/blackburn goals etc

7 hours ago, High Five o said:

Best/most exciting player I have seen live.

Absolute joy to watch when he was turned on.

Imagine him in the current side :sweetjesus:

29 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

Not sure if it's the same vid, but my favourite had a remix of Ed Sheeran over the top

Same. Borderline emotional watching that a year or so ago [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Found it, re-uploaded here:

This is what I watch football for, can’t wait until we have a player as talented as him play for us again 

The Everton goal was class. There was a sort of universal realisation that this guy was absolutely world class. The Everton fan reaction was a sort of stunned silence, they didn't even look that annoyed :lol:

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

:lol: Fucking hell. :anguish:

Imagine if Howe just didn't feel like playing Bruno or Isak. That's what we were dealing with back then. 

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Imagine if Howe just didn't feel like playing Bruno or Isak. That's what we were dealing with back then. 

It genuinely randomly makes me mad during the course of my day.

And then to turn to the media and hear his decision be validated by people who don't watch us. It was fucking insane. Absolutely fucking insane. I'll wonder what we could have been for the rest of my life.

27 minutes ago, High Five o said:

Indeed!

Unfortunately HBA are as far from a Howe player as it gets.

I think he'd grant him some grace on the press since he'd such a reliable outlet for counters. But we'd be having the arguments we were having on here then, now. I know that. God damn I miss the anticipation and wonder a proper Benny game used to deliver.

That's the one, grinning like a nutter watching walking down the street.

If you don't enjoy that, football isn't the sport for you. Fuck your playing out from the back and your highest-possible-xg-creating actions, give me a moody Frenchman doing whatever he feels like on a loop

God. So many amazing moments. The WBA away game I was like "this is it, we're gonna be Top 4 for years." :lol:

That Fulham goal, nearly died in the away end from sheer, unadulterated joy. Seeing my favourite player at the time score that was unreal. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't give a fuck I will always say he's the third best player of this generation. I don't give a fuck.

best player to have ever worn the b&w shirt

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's not even just that Ben Arfa didn't play, it's who played in his place whilst he sat on the bench.

We had some right shit that could barely trap a bag of cement stinking up his place in the team, whilst he sat warming his arse on the touchline. Utterly rage inducing.