Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The fitness thing simply clouds the real issue which is that he appears to have made himself persona non grata at yet another club.  This time after only a few months.  Something's not right with him, that much is becoming clear.

That's not to say Pardew handled him well, he didn't, but there must be something more than just Pardew in this that's making him continually fall out with managers and have to move clubs.

He's no doubt difficult to manage. I don't think any one denies that. I don't think he's ever had a manager who wasn't a defensive bore and appreciated his talent though.

The fitness thing simply clouds the real issue which is that he appears to have made himself persona non grata at yet another club.  This time after only a few months.  Something's not right with him, that much is becoming clear.

That's not to say Pardew handled him well, he didn't, but there must be something more than just Pardew in this that's making him continually fall out with managers and have to move clubs.

Pardew probably did handle him well for most of the time here but either got sick of his pet lip or the squad did....I reckon it was probably the latter. There's giving a player special treatment on the pitch, making others work harder to support their flaws, but if that player needs special treatment for everything else, people will get sick of them, especially when it's not paying off on or off the pitch.

The final nail in the coffin for him here though was to be made the poster boy by the fans for their unfortunately failed revolution against the club. They made the decision to get him out quite easy in the end.

I don't think well ever know exactly what has gone on but hba might as well have taken a kitchen knife to his own hamstrings the way he's handled his career. I think he's totally done for top flight football now, he'll get one more chance somewhere (either at home or an average league like Turkey) and he'll blow that and that'll be it.

I love the lad, I've not enjoyed watching a player more at our club I don't think. I wish he'd played every minute he was available. but I'm done making excuses for him. to go to a nothing club like hull and get thrown out of the squad , well... what else can you say. his career looks fucked at this point, we will see now if he's that bothered about turning it around.

Guest firetotheworks

Coloccini can get fucked tbh, that prick ran off to Argentina and is comfortably the worst captain we've had after Michael Owen. Him having anything to say about HBA is a fucking joke.

Bruce then hit the roof, saying: "Aren’t players who wear the No.10 supposed to run around then?"

The player responded by laughing at the Geordie, who was close to blowing a gasket.

:mackems:

Get in.

This guy is the perfect anti-hero....Brilliant. Never change Hatem. :)  :laugh: