Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Ben Arfa 'Losing Is Good' Post Hull Match Interview - Sep 21st 2013

on youtube :D

He needs to come back!! Love the bit where he forgot how the opposition scored the goal hahha at 01:00

No wonder Pardew hated him so much, Ben Arfa speaks well and has a very intelligent and respectable view on the game and he openly talks about what the team was (clearly) lacking but also what the manager was incapable of fixing due to an inability to view the game in such a (positive) way. You can imagine HBA being very direct and persistent throughout Pardew's wonderfully engaging 'team talks' in his search for 'feedback' from players- bet he couldn't stand it when he heard the truth from Ben Arfa as to why we were shit. Exactly the type of thing kids do when they tell their mates that a drawing they have done is crap but just want to be told 'oh no it's amazing, you've done such a good job', but throw a fit when their cries for appreciation are knocked back with an honest reply of 'yep, it's not good enough'.

Imagine if Hatem comes back and becomes the catalyst for our surge up the league table/cup run?  :laugh2: :aww: That would turn this absolute hell hole of a season into something quite miraculous :lol:

Do folk still want him back?

Can't for one moment see why.

I really do want him back. If you can't see why then i'm not even gonna bother telling you.

I'd rather see Aarons given a decent contract. HBA I doubt will ever play for NUFC again. He'll be sent out on loan again asap.

I really do want him back. If you can't see why then i'm not even gonna bother telling you.

I'd rather see Aarons given a decent contract. HBA I doubt will ever play for NUFC again. He'll be sent out on loan again asap.

This is why we look even more s*** than usual when we have a injury or two, lack of both quality and squad depth. And i don't think we'll see him again, that doesn't change the fact that i want it and think we'd be a lot better with him.

You can want Aarons to have a decent contract and want Ben Arfa back, unless of course you enjoy watching Gouffran and Sammy stink up the place

Ben Arfa also clearly has a real affinity for the club and actually enjoys playing for us. Combine that with his immense talent and some of the things he's done with the ball for us and I really don't see why people wouldn't want him back if it was a possibility.

Perhaps things are too far gone in regards to his relationships with other players, I don't know.

But if it was just a personality clash with Pardew, who has now gone, then why would you not want him back Crumpy? Do you not think he's a good player?

Why can't we do both? 

Because Crumpy loves Pardew and has clearly fallen for his bullshit

Anyone that is happy for Gouffran to start games for us whilst Ben Arfa is God knows where needs serious help. Going forward Gouffran offers nothing, not even flashes of brilliance with no end product (which the Pardew lovers falsely claim Ben Arfa does) and defensively as we have seen he is no great help either

Ben Arfa has his flaws as a footballer BUT as a football fan I love watching him play, for those moments when he beats a couple of players with ease either by sprinting past them or the drop of a shoulder, why on earth would you not want to watch that? How is Gouffran running 10 yards then passing it to Colback more exciting than that?

When this guy comes good he's going to be the fucking best.  Fine, he might not do it here, he might never do it, he might sink into a Greggs addiction and rival Mick Lowes for girth.

But....but....but.... we've seen it.  We've seen what he can do given time and a decent system to play in.  Bring him back, play him on the right of a front three, give him a season there in a team that wants to play football and he'll be fantastic.

Anyone that is happy for Gouffran to start games for us whilst Ben Arfa is God knows where needs serious help. Going forward Gouffran offers nothing, not even flashes of brilliance with no end product (which the Pardew lovers falsely claim Ben Arfa does) and defensively as we have seen he is no great help either

Ben Arfa has his flaws as a footballer BUT as a football fan I love watching him play, for those moments when he beats a couple of plasters with ease either by sprinting passed them or the drop of a shoulder, why on earth would you not want to watch that? How is Gouffran running 10 yards then passing it to Colback more exciting than that?

Nice of you to suggest I 'love Pardew'

Gouffran is shit. I agree. I'd rather see HBA. But, I'd sacrifice both to see Aarons secured onto a decent contract.

Ben Arfa has his flaws as a footballer BUT as a football fan I love watching him play, for those moments when he beats a couple of plasters with ease either by sprinting passed them or the drop of a shoulder, why on earth would you not want to watch that? How is Gouffran running 10 yards then passing it to Colback more exciting than that?

Gouffran is shit. I agree. I'd rather see HBA. But, I'd sacrifice both to see Aarons secured onto a decent contract.

What have you seen in the 5 games Aarons has played?

Gouffran is s***. I agree. I'd rather see HBA. But, I'd sacrifice both to see Aarons secured onto a decent contract.

I like Aarons too and want him to extend his contract but I would still like to see Ben Arfa back. They are not mutually exclusive.

Didn't know football was 1 vs 1.

When did anybody say it was?

Because it sounded like we'd have to sacrifice HBA to give Aarons a new contract. Both is possible, even though i doubt we'll see Benny again.

Also, my post wasn't a reply to yours...