Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

My point will always be that a talented player with well-publicised problems with insecurity and self-esteem is sort of expected to go off the rails a little bit when they're rejected whilst playing out of their skin. You nurture people that you care about in real life and if there's a professional advantage in doing the same, you make a point of doing it.

Pardew did the exact opposite at the start of last season by systematically ostracising him when he was in very good form. All of the blame attached to Ben Arfa since then will always be attributed to that and it won't go away until he's through this episode or he moves on and a manager accepts him.

:thup: I generally accept that Ben Arfa is a pretty woeful professional but the manager of such a talent should learn how to get the best from him. We have failed miserably at this. Very disappointing.

Was he overweight? Wasn't he? Does it matter? He might well have been but it's pre season and no excuse to be ostracised.  Arguing over who hates the regime more by showing how little you believe they say is a waste of time. Ultimately it's pardew being a nob end causing the problems, not Ben arfas professionalism, or lack of.

There's so many rumours flying about, again it's one of those things that is impossible to judge without actually having been behind the 'closed doors'. I've read stuff as far reaching as that Ben Arfa punched Pardew last season. Given the way HBA has been treated you wouldn't entirely rule it out.

Ben Arfa is always going to be more popular than Pardew, but it seems only a great manager will ever be able to consistently get the best out of him. We all know Pardew isn't that so that's that really. Only hope is that he's loaned out and Pardew is sacked, but the likelihood of that seems pretty bloody remote now. Would rather support the players we have got that are likely to feature than discuss one there's nothing any of us can do about. We'll always have the memories, especially the Bolton/Blackburn goals and how he ripped apart Villa. And how shit he was against Everton and I think Hull at the start of last season.

There's so many rumours flying about, again it's one of those things that is impossible to judge without actually having been behind the 'closed doors'. I've read stuff as far reaching as that Ben Arfa punched Pardew last season. Given the way HBA has been treated you wouldn't entirely rule it out.

Ben Arfa is always going to be more popular than Pardew, but it seems only a great manager will ever be able to consistently get the best out of him. We all know Pardew isn't that so that's that really. Only hope is that he's loaned out and Pardew is sacked, but the likelihood of that seems pretty bloody remote now. Would rather support the players we have got that are likely to feature than discuss one there's nothing any of us can do about. We'll always have the memories, especially the Bolton/Blackburn goals and how he ripped apart Villa. And how s*** he was against Everton and I think Hull at the start of last season.

Summed up well.

Was he overweight? Wasn't he? Does it matter? He might well have been but it's pre season and no excuse to be ostracised.  Arguing over who hates the regime more by showing how little you believe they say is a waste of time. Ultimately it's pardew being a nob end causing the problems, not Ben arfas professionalism, or lack of.

I haven't read many people complaining about Jonas or Obertan being ostracised.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't read many people complaining about Jonas or Obertan being ostracised.

Does it really need to be pointed out why?

Because they are crap, although it's still wrong way to treat them mind.

Treatment of Jonas was poor aye, as he was pretty much a regular in the starting eleven, then all of the sudden told he wouldn't feature anymore without us even bringing in a replacement. Not that it wasn't the right thing to do, as I was going mental having to watch him every week.

Obertan though can have no complaints, he's been given enough chances and shown that he wasn't up for it.

Guest firetotheworks

Some textbook loki bollocks, there. 

You've excelled your usual level of contribution also.  You managed a post with only one 'I' in it.

edit:  sorry, don't cry.

You've excelled your usual level of contribution also.  You managed a post with only one 'I' in it.

Aren't you like a fully grown man?

Aren't you like a fully grown man?

Sorry petal, i'm taken.

loki's normally alright tbh, not sure what his angle is here. :lol:

It's hard to take the fitness issue seriously when the lad's been out of the side at the drop of a hat throughout Pardew's tenure.  He's probably fucking fed up with it, doesn't seem to matter what he does.  So wouldn't be surprised if it's caused him to be a bit lax.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/2014/07/hatem-loves-newcastle-pardew-problem-ben-arfas-agent-speaks/

On Hatem being frozen out

nufcfans_hatem_ben_arfa_newcastle_united_midfielder

“We don’t know what the problem is. Pardew in the past has said Hatem was extraordinary. Hatem has done everything for Newcastle, every effort has been made ​​to discuss the problem.

“We are in a situation where there doesn’t seem to be a solution. He is simply doing his job: he trains well, he enjoys training with the reserves where he has a great coach in Peter Beardsley.”

On Hatem being fined for being overweight

Jonas Ben Arfa

“It’s unfair and humiliating. We will challenge the fine.

“We asked Newcastle to give us the player’s physical records. Hatem went on vacation with a personal trainer, he has worked to prepare for this season. That 1.5 kg? Yes, it is a pound of muscle and 500 grams of fat. He lost 2% body fat. We therefore challenge the fine.”

On the future for Hatem

(PA)

(PA)

“Hatem doesn’t have to leave. He can go on a free after his contract is over – six months, or a year, this is not a problem.

“Who knows how long Pardew will be at Newcastle. In two months, he may not be here. Hatem love this club, he is idolised by fans.

“Hatem remain professional and is working hard. He prefers a return to Lyon, but it is not economically feasible. Lyon is his first club, so there is a level of attachment. He loves Bernard Lacombe.

“However, for me, it is very difficult financially – Newcastle want a lot of money for Hatem.”

The club blatantly lie, have been caught lying, admitted to lying and continue to lie to us. How on earth is something that's so blatantly yet more bullshit from the club a 'conspiracy theory'?

So all the posters on NO saying he looks fat are in on the conspiracy?  Mother of god....

Ben Arfa is quoted as claiming that he's put on muscle, weight doesn't only come from fat you numpty :lol: As for people on here claiming he looks fat, I thought most of that was a piss take.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/2014/07/hatem-loves-newcastle-pardew-problem-ben-arfas-agent-speaks/

On Hatem being frozen out

nufcfans_hatem_ben_arfa_newcastle_united_midfielder

“We don’t know what the problem is. Pardew in the past has said Hatem was extraordinary. Hatem has done everything for Newcastle, every effort has been made ​​to discuss the problem.

“We are in a situation where there doesn’t seem to be a solution. He is simply doing his job: he trains well, he enjoys training with the reserves where he has a great coach in Peter Beardsley.”

On Hatem being fined for being overweight

Jonas Ben Arfa

“It’s unfair and humiliating. We will challenge the fine.

“We asked Newcastle to give us the player’s physical records. Hatem went on vacation with a personal trainer, he has worked to prepare for this season. That 1.5 kg? Yes, it is a pound of muscle and 500 grams of fat. He lost 2% body fat. We therefore challenge the fine.”

On the future for Hatem

(PA)

(PA)

“Hatem doesn’t have to leave. He can go on a free after his contract is over – six months, or a year, this is not a problem.

“Who knows how long Pardew will be at Newcastle. In two months, he may not be here. Hatem love this club, he is idolised by fans.

“Hatem remain professional and is working hard. He prefers a return to Lyon, but it is not economically feasible. Lyon is his first club, so there is a level of attachment. He loves Bernard Lacombe.

“However, for me, it is very difficult financially – Newcastle want a lot of money for Hatem.”

Fucking ridiculous situation.

Ben Arfa was the sole voice willing to speak up. “Ben Arfa spoke of his weariness at seeing the ball being hit over his head for the duration of matches,” the piece says.

That accusation, which seems to have been treated as a full frontal attack on the manager by a forward who was already testing his patience, was met with a counter-attack about his lack of “defensive participation”.

:spit: Sums the whole thing up. :lol:

Full frontal attack. :lol: