Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

If it's just about his weight, I expect to see him back in shape and back in the squad very soon seeing as he's in full training now and probably our most talented player.

Oh.

Of course it's not just about the weight. Main reason for him not playing last season is probably Pardews yellow belly tactics. But that doesn't mean everything said and done is a conspiracy against Ben Arfa.

Pardew the Yellow King.

Alright I'm out. This is pointless.

So you try to create a debate then bottle it and run when you do.  :lol:

Hardly any debate here. I want HBA to play as much as any other. What I said was that it's pointless to argue on this matter because people are so biased. And ffs I think I made a good point. When people commented that the overweight talk was bullshit and wanted "proof" I linked to one of the many articles thats been on the matter. 

All I call for is some rationalism. Ffs  :lol:

Ffs, the stories are from newspaper articles which have come from within the club that were branded and admitted to lying to the fans.  :lol:

Alright I'm out. This is pointless.

So you try to create a debate then bottle it and run when you do.  :lol:

Hardly any debate here. I want HBA to play as much as any other. What I said was that it's pointless to argue on this matter because people are so biased. And ffs I think I made a good point. When people commented that the overweight talk was bullshit and wanted "proof" I linked to one of the many articles thats been on the matter. 

All I call for is some rationalism. Ffs  :lol:

Ffs, the stories are from newspaper articles which have come from within the club that were branded and admitted to lying to the fans.  :lol:

What? The newspaper articles have come from within the club? How big is this conspiracy anyway?  :frantic:

Has anyone ever heard of a player being fined for coming back over weight before? Doubt it is the first time something like this has happened like, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone else being fined for it.

Not sure about the fine part but the overweight thing probably happens all the time. That's why pre-season training is so intensive, to get them back into shape after 6 weeks of switching off. I remember Gazza would have to run miles wearing sweat suits because he'd always come back far too fat to play.

Here's one example...

"Fair Play Season 3 Cheick Tioté part 2 [ english subtitle]" into youtube and go to 6.22

Unbelievable! It's blatantly a reason to shun him and get rid

You don't deserve that avatar.

I love Hatem. I want him to start every game. I'm just sick of how everything repported in the press is a conspiracy from the club. Even if I love Hatem I think he is capable of unprofessionalism, as all others. And what you think I deserve or not, I luckily don't give a s**t about.

Has anyone ever heard of a player being fined for coming back over weight before? Doubt it is the first time something like this has happened like, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone else being fined for it.

From what I've understood fines for being overweight is pretty basic stuff at professional football clubs. However putting him in with the reserves and treating him like a bag of shit definetely isn't.

Guest firetotheworks

The club blatantly lie, have been caught lying, admitted to lying and continue to lie to us. How on earth is something that's so blatantly yet more bullshit from the club a 'conspiracy theory'?

Of course players are capable of being unprofessional, but this is Ashley and Pardew, this is what they do, this is how they deflect heat and there are still people thick enough to suggest that perhaps THIS time it's not the owner that lies to us and treats us and the club's history like s***, or the manager that dropped him, moved him, put him behind Shola and Dan f***ing Gosling in the pecking order when he was playing out of his skin. The same manager that we have all come to hate as a manager and a human being.

Yeah, maybe THIS TIME it's not them.

The club blatantly lie, have been caught lying, admitted to lying and continue to lie to us. How on earth is something that's so blatantly yet more bullshit from the club a 'conspiracy theory'?

So all the posters on NO saying he looks fat are in on the conspiracy?  Mother of god....

You said it's 'blatantly bullshit from the club'.  The club said he's overweight.  Posters on NO have been saying he's overweight for the past couple of years.

Correct anything incorrect.

Galatasaray also mentioned on SSN for £1.5m.

is it me or.....if he's available for under £5m, why aren't tons of clubs lining up to take a chance on him?! even sunderland? he's such an immense player who just needs a little guidance.

Surely the point is not whether or not he is/has been overweight, it's what end that is bring used for that is the source of bullshit? It's not conspiracy that they want shot of him. Hasn't been as big an issue with other players.

Galatasaray also mentioned on SSN for £1.5m.

is it me or.....if he's available for under £5m, why aren't tons of clubs lining up to take a chance on him?! even sunderland? he's such an immense player who just needs a little guidance.

The fact that despite his immense talent he's managed to fall out with every single club he's been at so far may have something to do with it.

Such an immense player on his day. Will be saddened to see him leave. I think it's a big mistake letting him go, and I think Newcastle should do anything in their power to fix this relationship. Obviously there's two sides to the story, so Hatem needs to do his part.

Guest firetotheworks

You said it's 'blatantly bullshit from the club'.  The club said he's overweight.  Posters on NO have been saying he's overweight for the past couple of years.

Correct anything incorrect.

It's incorrect to think that that's the reason that he's being shunned. As Dave said...

If it's just about his weight, I expect to see him back in shape and back in the squad very soon seeing as he's in full training now and probably our most talented player.

Oh.

Imagine being the manager and actively forcing out the player you openly admitted scored the best goal you ever witnessed.

He also said he was "the reason supporters pay their money" after Villa last year. Benched him forever not long after that of course.

Guest firetotheworks

My point will always be that a talented player with well-publicised problems with insecurity and self-esteem is sort of expected to go off the rails a little bit when they're rejected whilst playing out of their skin. You nurture people that you care about in real life and if there's a professional advantage in doing the same, you make a point of doing it.

Pardew did the exact opposite at the start of last season by systematically ostracising him when he was in very good form. All of the blame attached to Ben Arfa since then will always be attributed to that and it won't go away until he's through this episode or he moves on and a manager accepts him.