Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City - 03/05/14 - post-match from page 53

Mike

The atmosphere after half time until the walkout when the banners started coming out was absolutely tremendous. I'd forgotten the place could be like that tbh.

Really, really good. Such a shame it had to be used for what it was and not supporting the lads.

Guest neesy111

Btw, did today also show those who left are basically the fans that try and create an atmosphere ???

Guest neesy111

Debuchy apparently gave a thumbs up to the strawberry corner when they were singing against pardew.

Guest neesy111

@ms_sissoko  5m

The last game at home was fantastic!!! Thank you to the fans!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/VraAfxj6Er

Hostile atmosphere!

We estimate around 4,000 of the 50,000 crowd left the ground while other stayed and voiced their protests against the manager and owner.

Stewards attempted to remove anti-Ashley banners and there were some unpleasant scenes as police had to intervene as fans argued with stewards.

Pardew disappeared down the tunnel after the briefest of claps and failed to emerge for the "lap of honour", witnessed by around 8,000 fans who stayed after the final whistle.

Steve Stone and John Carver accompanied the players - including Hatem Ben Arfa - in a slow walk around the pitch and it was noticeable that Debuchy threw his shirt into the crowd and applauded all four sides of the ground. His last appearance at SJP?

.com

They were playing like they couldn't have given less of a shit in the first half n all, absolutely dreadful.

Ben Turner has to be the worst player in the league. Got pissed all over by Shola and was a fucking carthorse the rest of the time.

Bloke behind me on the way out: "They had two strikers up front today, Kenwyne Jones and Frazier Campbell... that's exactly the type of players we should be signing, instead of all these French!"

Not the way I expected/hoped he'd finish that sentence - "They know their football in the North East"

Bloke behind me on the way out: "They had two strikers up front today, Kenwyne Jones and Frazier Campbell... that's exactly the type of players we should be signing, instead of all these French!"

Not the way I expected/hoped he'd finish that sentence - "They know their football in the North East"

Today was heartening and disheartening in almost equal measures, but the former was unexpected (and therefore carries more weight somehow) given how downtrodden and subjugated the fanbase seems to have become in recent times, so I'm happy for that (and OGS being relegated/Liverpool being denied the league title).

Pardew's interview after the game gave the she knew he remained under no threat from the decision-makers within the club, though. If we can continue making his life as miserable as possible and make him hate getting up in the morning while he stays, at least we're doing as much as we can, and that's something to hold your head up high about.

BmuTKp8IAAAkgVK.jpg:large

Looks like the bloke with his back to the camera has a micey long arm! :lol:

I love the thumbs up :lol:  'Aye, some gadgie has us in a headlock and am getting bodily thrown out but it's canny, nee bother'

To anyone that left on 60 or 69 mins well done, I went at 69, despite 3-0 it has to happen just such a shame the other fans feel they have to stay. The ones that stayed what do you want?

From where I was sat in the Gallowgate, it looked like a decent number left - certainly enough to make a point.

I wasn't sure beforehand whether I would leave but by the 69th minute it dawned on me that I have been so critical of Pardew and Ashley etc for so long that it would be hypocritical of me to stay so I left then.