Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Really hope this lad makes it. ANOTHER development squad failure and we may as well just scrap the system (like Keegan).

Who didn't actually scrap the system. Yes he disbanded the reserve team and yes he said he regretted doing it but his reasons for doing it were correct and the team would have started again whether Dalglish came to the club or not. Forcing us to play reserve games at St James was wrong, it should be club choice and was having a detrimental effect on the club at the time as the pitch wasn't as good as now.

Guest bimpy474

Was the same for every club though wasn't it? ???

Aye it was, but i remember at the time our pitch was awful and KK asked if we could play the 6 (i think that was the number you had to play) compulsory reserve games away from St. James' Park, to give the pitch a rest.

Was the same for every club though wasn't it? ???

Aye it was, but i remember at the time our pitch was awful and KK asked if we could play the 6 (i think that was the number you had to play) compulsory reserve games away from St. James' Park, to give the pitch a rest.

That and KK had been given assurances it wouldn't just be him protesting, unfortunately other clubs didn't follow through, that's why he said he regretted going through with it.

Turns out next season the rules changed though.

Really hope this lad makes it. ANOTHER development squad failure and we may as well just scrap the system (like Keegan).

Who didn't actually scrap the system. Yes he disbanded the reserve team and yes he said he regretted doing it but his reasons for doing it were correct and the team would have started again whether Dalglish came to the club or not. Forcing us to play reserve games at St James was wrong, it should be club choice and was having a detrimental effect on the club at the time as the pitch wasn't as good as now.

Common misconception that.. Gave me a whole new level of disrespect towards Dogleash. Was the only leg he had to stand on for why he spectacularly failed here... well that and him being an over hyped, dour, shithouse.

• 3 weeks later...

The commentator yesterday said that he'd been bought as an addition to the 'developmental squad' but really would he not be looking for first team action at this stage? He's been scoring well in the second tier...I hope he starts on the bench really.

• 4 weeks later...