Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I'm actually of the thought that Mitro prob would have started at Swansea based on how he played vs West Ham (and not gotten himself banned)

I think Joselu was always getting that  start after scoring and having a good all round game in his first start for the club. Mitro may not have even made the bench and probably won't on Sunday either, which personally I feel is a mistake.

Works hard but I don't think he's dangerous at all. Needs upgrading asap.

Can't even do the simple stuff right. I like him but he doesn't offer anything apart from hard work right now.

He's become a bit like Jonas, IMO. Obviously doesn't work quite as hard and he is a more skillful player. But the only thing he is doing that is positive right now is working hard for the team. His quality and decision making on the ball is woeful.

Strengths - running around, accounts.

Weaknesses - impact on a game, eczema.

Guest firetotheworks

He offers good pressing on opposition defenders, which definitely shouldn't be enough on its own for a player to start, but saying as Diame and whoever else you want to mention can't do that, he's pretty much a shoo in.

He offers good pressing on opposition defenders, which definitely shouldn't be enough on its own for a player to start, but saying as Diame and whoever else you want to mention can't do that, he's pretty much a shoo in.

His “pressing” is totally ineffective as he gets nowhere near his man and is afraid to put his foot in in case he hurts himself. Embarrassing!

Guest firetotheworks

His “pressing” is totally ineffective as he gets nowhere near his man and is afraid to put his foot in in case he hurts himself. Embarrassing!

I can't agree with that like. I'm a big critic of him and get so frustrated with him, but he's the best option we have in that position in terms of putting himself about and being in the right position to intercept, what he does once he has the ball is just too often the problem.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is effectively being Pardewed by Rafa for the good of the team, but my it's showing, he's Goufran 2.0

I think he is doing basically what is asked of him, I just wish he had a bit more strength and make some actually dangerous runs as well as just running interference

Really? He can't even control a ball at times, or make simple passes.

He tends to link better with Mitrovic over Joselu. It is probably the trickiest position to play especially in our team, where he is ofted left islolated alone with little support. I'm a fan of Perez but today was definitely one of his poorer games, can't believe he stayed on the pitch as long as he did.

I can't agree with that like. I'm a big critic of him and get so frustrated with him, but he's the best option we have in that position in terms of putting himself about and being in the right position to intercept, what he does once he has the ball is just too often the problem.

Perez and “putting himself about” is a contradiction in terms.

Just look at the effort he puts into closing down compared to Ritchie or Gayle.