Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

His brother plays for Blyth Spartans. I found that hilarious. Can only help I suppose.

He'll be away next summer.

When you look at the players who have left us recently, no one has amounted to much. If he stays here he'll start and be a legend.

Tell that to MYM who is now playing Champions League football and back in the French squad. :lol:

His brother plays for Blyth Spartans. I found that hilarious. Can only help I suppose.

When you look at the players who have left us recently, no one has amounted to much. If he stays here he'll start and be a legend.

This is an annoying myth.

I wouldn't know like, Cabaye not having a great time at PSG, Andy Carroll (nuff said) Demba Ba's big time move hardly worked out for him, Jose Enrique was doing alright for a spell but cant get in the team at Liverpool these days.

Bit too early to tell on Debuchy.

I'm probably missing loads like but they stick in my mind the most.

I wouldn't know like, Cabaye not having a great time at PSG, Andy Carroll (nuff said) Demba Ba's big time move hardly worked out for him, Jose Enrique was doing alright for a spell but cant get in the team at Liverpool these days.

All of them are now earning more money.

Yeah there's always that, but in footballing terms their ambitions haven't panned out whatsoever.

All won something as well?

Looking at that list it looks they all have. But keep that quiet, eh? Just continue to tell yourself that Pardew gets the best out of good players :thup:

They were all at "bigger" clubs. All in the CL or Europe. 1 scored in a CL quarter-final. Definitely earn more money. Most have won something. Many been to world cups.

In the mean time we've finished 5th, 16th, 9th and been to a Europa QF. In life you've got to make the big exciting moves. We aren't about doing anything as a club. What have we done that Cabye, Debuchy and co. should regret making the jump?

People say the same thing about Craig Bellamy -  He scored and assisted in a 2-1 win at Camp Nou in a CL quarter-final. What did we have we done as a club?

It's easy to go to bigger clubs to collect medals but you can't really say with any conviction that any player that has left us out of the ones mentioned has had a definitive influence in earning those medals.

Guest neesy111

It's easy to go to bigger clubs to collect medals but you can't really say with any conviction that any player that has left us out of the ones mentioned has had a definitive influence in earning those medals.

Didn't Carroll score in the final?

Yeah he did IIRC.

As opposed to doing what with us?

Playing

Didn't Carroll score in the final?

Yeah he did IIRC.

He scored in the FA Cup semi and final that they lost to Chelsea. They won the League Cup.

As opposed to doing what with us?

Playing

Haven't you realised by now that having a go at a top club is better than playing aimlessly for a mid-tier one? That's the aim for most of these lads - big clubs, big wages, big competitions. When they all retire many may look at their time at NUFC as the best in terms of performances but very few will regret moving on. Pretty much all of them have gone on to do things they would never have achieved with NUFC.

We don't do anything that would make our top players want to stay.

I do think Enrique could've gone to a bigger/better club with a manager that rates him if he stayed longer.