Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Villarreal)

ponsaelius

Thought the second half was the best I've seen him play this season, tbh.

He's a strange one. Looks extremely capable on occassions and I like that he proper loves scoring these days... but then on other occasions he looks disinterested and feeble. I'd definitely be looking to give him another shot next season.

Not entirely sure where he'll fit in Rafa's long term plans. He's no #10, needs a big man to play off as a second striker. Given that Rafa doesn't like a target man up top I don't see it clicking for him here.

A top class #10 is probably the most important need for us this summer. Absolutely essential that we get someone who can link the midfield and attack or else it'll be a season of Shelvey trying impossible balls over the top twenty times a game.

Not entirely sure where he'll fit in Rafa's long term plans. He's no #10, needs a big man to play off as a second striker. Given that Rafa doesn't like a target man up top I don't see it clicking for him here.

A top class #10 is probably the most important need for us this summer. Absolutely essential that we get someone who can link the midfield and attack or else it'll be a season of Shelvey trying impossible balls over the top twenty times a game.

Just reading today that Rafa thinks he's still learning how to play positionally and he'll get better. If that means he's staying I'm not going to argue.

Guest Howaythetoon

He has been disappointing this season, but for some strange reason, I think he'll always perform better at a higher level and can see him being a key player for us in the PL. To a degree anyway.

He has been disappointing this season, but for some strange reason, I think he'll always perform better at a higher level and can see him being a key player for us in the PL. To a degree anyway.

bin diame off somewhere, melt de jong for glue, buy a proper number 10 and use perez as his backup

Guest Howaythetoon

We know he can score goals in the PL and that he can perform at this level so I'd be happy to keep him as a squad player. Diame has been more disappointing for me personally because he's more of a Champinhsip player than a PL one, its more his level basically.

I hope he stays but I feel he'll be sold in the summer. If we were in a more stable position I think he'd flourish in the prem, but as we're expecting big summer changes now that we're back with the big boys, I think he'll move on. He's a luxury player in that he has no solid position and can be inconsistent, despite his undoubted talent.

As I said, I really hope he stays but my head says he'll be sacrificed for another striker/midfielder.

I honestly don't think Rafa will sell him. We're unlikely to see many bids for him due to his relatively poor season in the Championship, but he's shown enough in fits and starts to be a useful player for us.

I think he's better off as a striker than a no.10, but Rafa seems to be working hard on his positioning and movement and I think eventually it'll pay off.

He came good before and he will again, given time.

Perez was my player of the match tonight, he was involved all over the pitch and kept on his feet when in the past he would have gone down.  If he'd played like that more often this season we'd have gained more points.