Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

If the rumours of a friendly with that Korean team are true then I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hyundai, or Kia considering that team are owned by Hyundai and Hyundai and Kia are the same company.

Of course this is assuming Ryder is wrong about it being a betting company and a Chinese company. Ryder being wrong shouldn't be ruled out of the equation though.

was wonga £8m a year or did i imagine that?

£6m a year

Actually depends where you read. £24m deal for the 4 years or £8m a year. Both obviously can't be right.

obviously aside from the fact it's fucking wonga that's not bad money in comparison to some deals in that list

If it's not betting I would be stoked TBH, I don't rate Kia cars that much but not having a reprehensible sponsor would be a nice change.

Kia or Hyundai would be fucking brill in my book. If only. I'm not even that fussed about it being a betting firm but at least it would be nice if they had a logo which didn't look like a cartoon blurb pasted onto a shirt.

I know nowt about Fun88 but luckily for us it at least isn't Fun73 as our 6 fingered mates would have a field day.

Anyway, this from wiki:

Fun88 has partnered with English Premier League football clubs such as Burnley F.C and Tottenham Hotspur. It served as Tottenham Hotspur's official Asian betting partner in 2013 to 2014 which led to the existence of Hotspur88, Asia's first and only Barclays Premier League betting portal microsite. In August 2016, it has once again signed a two-year partnership with Hotspur as their official betting partner in Asia and Latin America. Fun88 was Burnley FC’s shirt sponsor from 2014 to 2015.

In 2014, Fun88 has worked together with Lamborghini forming Fun88 Racing to compete in GT Asia Championship. At the present, it sponsors Fun88 Racing to compete in Porsche Carrera Cup.

Fun88 is also present in the MMA industry, partnering with Asia’s largest sports media property, ONE Championship, in 2015.

Its brand ambassadors include Japanese AV star Rola Takizawa, football legend Robbie Fowler and NBA two-time MVP Steve Nash.

Unless it's actually a company with a shady reputation like Wonga, I couldn't care less.

I just want Rafa to be given as much money as possible to improve the squad.

Edit: and I certainly have no qualms about it being a betting company since the premier league whores itself to such companies.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Kia Optima is a beautiful looking car IMO and as cars go they are a good manufacturer.

Nothing wrong with Kia's these days. I think the 7 year warranty they came out with was possibly the best thing they ever did. All of a sudden all the money conscientious consumers bought one, then that led to an increased turnover and they reinvested it and started making cars that looked good and appealed to everyone.

Don't know if it's in the thread but has anyone else heard that this could be chinese sportswear giant ANTA? (www.anta.com)

They are the 4th biggest sportswear manufacturer in the world (after Nike, Adidas and Puma) but are barely known outside south east asia - and fatty wants to start stocking their stuff in Tat Direct...