The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

What an awful way to go out of the cup.

Really fucks me when players look disinterested in a European game. the shift Sturridge put in was the most disinterested I've seen since Victory Moses playing for us last season. Very annoyed with it. Now that Legia are out as well, really hope an Eastern European team like Kiev or something makes a good run. 5 Italian teams left, which is a big surprise. So gutted not to be in the draw tomorrow.

Speaking of that, Bilic is one hell of a manager. Did wonders with Croatia and Besiktas looked a very well coached team against all 3 English teams they faced this season. I think, ultimately, he'd be a dream appointment for a mid-tier English team like Newcastle or Westham. He's too good for Besiktas, and I think he'll be off if he wins the league with them this season.

European competition performances are a great barometer of a leagues strength. That is the literal barometer used to decide how many teams a league gets to include in those competitions after all. Appearances in the latter stages also matter more than winners and runners up.  Villarreal getting to the semis and there being 2 Spanish teams at that stage is a stronger of that leagues strength than Barcelona winning it. One season we had 3 teams in the semi and Barca won it.

In the last 5 years English teams reaching the QF, semis and finals and both competitions has fallen since the previous 5 years before that.  The league is clearly weaker.  Although tbf English teams from 04-09 where definitely the strongest in the world.  You had Arsenal knocking out Real, L'pool winning 1-3 at the Nou Camp etc. Spurs and ourselves and Fulham had some decent Europa runs too. 

Feyenoord game was a fucking mess :lol: did anyone see the t-shirts they made after they trashed the Rome fountain last week? "Je Suis Fountain... JUST KIDDING SEE YOU THURSDAY STABBING AS ROMA CUNTS" so Italian fans were just walking about singing "fuck you Rotterdam fuck you Rotterdam". Feyenoord fans were just hoying lighters at anyone who came near. Then, unfortunately, a banana when it became less funny.

Some quality games in the EL draw. Villarreal-Sevilla, Wolfsburg-Inter, Fiorentina-Roma. Some very good teams going out.

I fancy us to get past Kiev.

Given it kicked off in Kiev last night too you might get a handy move of venue/behind semi-closed doors game n all.

Some quality games in the EL draw. Villarreal-Sevilla, Wolfsburg-Inter, Fiorentina-Roma. Some very good teams going out.

I fancy us to get past Kiev.

I wouldn't mind seeing you win it. A long way to go and some very tough games but you never know.

Champions league of you do win it.

Despite there being clearly better teams, I genuinely think we can beat any team left on our day. Kiev are decent but in relation to others I'd be disappointed if we get knocked out by them.

They'll be missing three of their better players through suspension and injury (Yarmelonko, Belhanda and Mkobani), still a tough one especially with return leg in a chaotic Kiev. Hope you go out ASAP  ;)

Some good ties there. Wolfsburg-Inter, Villareal-Sevilla, Fiorentina-Roma will be quality .

A potential last 8 of Kiev, Ajax, Zenit, Wolfsburg, Sevilla, Napoli, Besiktas, and Roma looks quality on paper.

Despite there being clearly better teams, I genuinely think we can beat any team left on our day. Kiev are decent but in relation to others I'd be disappointed if we get knocked out by them.

They'll be missing three of their better players through suspension and injury (Yarmelonko, Belhanda and Mkobani), still a tough one especially with return leg in a chaotic Kiev. Hope you go out ASAP  ;)

Some good ties there. Wolfsburg-Inter, Villareal-Sevilla, Fiorentina-Roma will be quality .

A potential last 8 of Kiev, Ajax, Zenit, Wolfsburg, Sevilla, Napoli, Besiktas, and Roma looks quality on paper.

:lol: