The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Not sure why you're gob-smacked, it was blatantly obvious he would be the one to make way even though on current form it should have been Van Persie.

I don't think that anything is obvious with Van Gaal. Mata has been our best player so far this season. It was bound to be 50/50 between RVP and Mata as to who played today. This must be Van Persies last chance to impress.

Not sure why you're gob-smacked, it was blatantly obvious he would be the one to make way even though on current form it should have been Van Persie.

I don't think that anything is obvious with Van Gaal. Mata has been our best player so far this season. It was bound to be 50/50 between RVP and Mata as to who played today. This must be Van Persies last chance to impress.

I'm coming around to the idea that RVP has compromising pictures of Van Gaal personally

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Mata has been dropped here today. I'm hoping he has some sort of injury.

United XI: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, van Persie

Dafuq is van Persie still starting?