The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Matic man, In terms of central midfielders in this league no one comes to close imo.

Probably my favourite player in the league  :smitten:

Depends, if Fabregas is seen as a central midfielder than Matic isn't the best in his team. ;)

Disagree Flip.

Matic gives you a lot more freedom tactically you can even go to a central midfield two with one of them being Matic whereas with Cesc you can forget that option entirely imo

Don't get me wrong either, I love Cesc but if I can only have one I'm taking Matic every time. Creative players are more plentiful than Pivots of Matic's class imo.

Fair enough, if there was one player I'd build a team around in this league it's probably Fabregas. He controls the game with the ball at his feet.

Out of interest Flip would you play him as a central midfielder or as the #10?

Depends on what other players are in the team tbf.

José Mourinho has insisted there are 'no divers at all' at Chelsea. :lol: Utter cunt.

Mourinho talking utter horseshit? Whatever next?

Oh I know. If only the press weren't too busy licking his hoop and baking him cakes to take him to town on it. Fucking pathetic.

José Mourinho has insisted there are 'no divers at all' at Chelsea. :lol: Utter c***.

Mourinho talking utter horseshit? Whatever next?

Oh I know. If only the press weren't too busy licking his hoop and baking him cakes to take him to town on it. f***ing pathetic.

They think Pards is a great bloke with good managerial skills mate, you've got ne fucking chance of them shitting on Jose's lawn.

Guest VanBarduck

Matic man, In terms of central midfielders in this league no one comes to close imo.

Probably my favourite player in the league  :smitten:

:thup: ridiculously good transfer.

Exactly the sort of player Man United and Arsenal need n all.

Yup, He's so crucial for them as without him that midfield becomes very flaky.

I asked about Oscar as I can't help but think Chelsea sooner or later will buy Pogba and line up:

Fabregas

Pogba                  Matic

:megusta:

Does everybody still think Martinez is a brilliant manager?

Think it was always going to be interesting how he did after leaving a club like Wigan. If they stick with him like they did with Moyes they'll probably benefit in the long run as I think he has the right philosophy.

Obviously I'd love to have him here as he's not Alan Pardew.

I think he is a very good manager.  Everton had a very good season last year, already forgetting that? They're in terrible form right now though.

I think he is a very good manager.  Everton had a very good season last year, already forgetting that? They're in terrible form right now though.

Many people here pointed out that it'd be very difficult to repeat Moyes' success and was called a bunch of names for preferring him over Martinez. It's certainly looking like they'll have their worst finish in many, many years.

There's still lots of time, obviously, but it doesn't look good.

Yes he did alright last season in keeping up with the consistent high finishes that Moyes usually did. This season however they have been very poor for the most part. I think he earned his reputation for being a very good manager very easily

We, more than anyone, should know you can't use the 'but he finished 5th' argument :laugh:

I agree though. I think he's a very good manager.

At least with Martinez you know at some point he will get the team playing attacking football even if it goes wrong a lot. With pardew when everything clicks it's dour keeping it tight counter attacking and 1-0 wins and that's the best you're gonna get.