The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Honestly though, who came into Barca after Guardiola and went 'no, this needs to change' :lol:

?? The playera declined in form. Pep left because he didn't think he could motivate them further.

there's been a mix of failing to adapt and adapting the wrong things, transfer policy has been a bit baffling and now they can't refresh their defense. If they'd brought in a few worldy defenders a few seasons ago and a powerhouse midfielder probably be fine now.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly though, who came into Barca after Guardiola and went 'no, this needs to change' :lol:

?? The playera declined in form. Pep left because he didn't think he could motivate them further.

The systems not the same as it was, regardless of the players. There's less hunting in packs, everything started going through the middle, the intensity is nothing like what it was and the passing isn't as good as it was imo. I dunno if VI would say the same, but I much preferred Messi out on the right than through the middle as well.  Weirdly, Bayern Munich were playing that way even in the season before Guardiola went there. I dunno why Barca haven't carried it on.

there's been a mix of failing to adapt and adapting the wrong things, transfer policy has been a bit baffling and now they can't refresh their defense. If they'd brought in a few worldy defenders a few seasons ago and a powerhouse midfielder probably be fine now.

Biggest mess was getting rid of Thiago despite him being injury riddled.

Guest firetotheworks

Saying that though, the quality here absolutely pisses on absolutely everything on the Premier League from a great height.

The systems not the same as it was, regardless of the players. There's less hunting in packs, everything started going through the middle, the intensity is nothing like what it was and the passing isn't as good as it was imo. I dunno if VI would say the same, but I much preferred Messi out on the right than through the middle as well.  Weirdly, Bayern Munich were playing that way even in the season before Guardiola went there. I dunno why Barca haven't carried it on.

Don't agree. Messi became better through the middle. And no Bayern didn't play the same way under Heynckes as under Pep.

Messi definitely became better when Guardiola hoyed him through the middle like. Took his game to a whole new level.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't agree. Messi became better through the middle. And no Bayern didn't play the same way under Heynckes as under Pep.

I'll take your word on that like, I just much preferred it when you played it out through the wings and Messi and Dani Alves worked together.

I meant Bayern under Heynckes were like Barca under Pep, or at least it looked like that's what they were aiming for, that match against Man City in particular..if that makes sense.

EDIT: I won't take your word on that, you're Flip, I thought VI had replied. :lol:

A mixture of lack of player motivation/declining and an awful director of football not bringing in the right players (aka good defenders) and allowing somebody as good as Thiago to leave.

Also they're no longer innovators like they were under Rijkaard and Guardiola, so the game has caught up with them and they have needed to evolve but haven't done it in the right way.

Should have made Fabregas Xavi's replacement as well IMO. Didn't like how they used him at all.

Said this a million times but no he shouldn't, he doesn't have the correct skillset at all. Xavi was brilliant at creating space for himself in the tightest of spaces and controlling tempo of a football match.

Two things Cesc struggles with, especially from a deeper position. He and Xavi are complete and utter polar opposites.

Should have made Fabregas Xavi's replacement as well IMO. Didn't like how they used him at all.

Said this a million times but no he shouldn't, he doesn't have the correct skillset at all. Xavi was brilliant at creating space for himself in the tightest of spaces and controlling tempo of a football match.

Two things Cesc struggles with, especially from a deeper position. He and Xavi complete and utter polar opposites.

It was Thiago that should have been Xavi's replacement BUT they didn't give him enough attention

Now they are waiting for Sergi Samper

Clueless commentators

Part of a goal kick so it's a foul; ref correct

Yep, commentators here were saying it should have counted.

Yep I was backing up your comment; can't believe even Terry Gibson didn't know that lol

Clueless commentators

Part of a goal kick so it's a foul; ref correct

Yep, commentators here were saying it should have counted.

Yep I was backing up your comment; can't believe even Terry Gibson didn't know that lol

What happened?