The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Clueless commentators

Part of a goal kick so it's a foul; ref correct

Yep, commentators here were saying it should have counted.

Yep I was backing up your comment; can't believe even Terry Gibson didn't know that lol

What happened?

Neymar nicked ball from keeper while he was in the middle of clearing it out his hands.

Clueless commentators

Yep I was backing up your comment; can't believe even Terry Gibson didn't know that lol

Ah, yeah if it was legal loads more players would do it.

Clueless commentators

What happened?

Ball in keepers hand: was about to kick it but Neymar kicked the ball as keeper was about to kick it out, so it's a foul as it's still a goal kick technically

Clueless commentators

What happened?

Ball in keepers hand: was about to kick it but Neymar kicked the ball as keeper was about to kick it out, so it's a foul as it's still a goal kick technically

Not a goal kick as a goal kick is when ball has been out of play and taken within 6 yard box but correct decision as classed as under control of keeper, foul under law 12 to prevent 'keeper releasing the ball.

Yep.

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his

own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing

it from his possession

• touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his

possession and before it has touched another player

• touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him

by a team-mate

• touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a

throw-in taken by a team-mate

An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the opinion of

the referee, a player:

• plays in a dangerous manner

• impedes the progress of an opponent

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands

• commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12, for which

play is stopped to caution or send off a player

The indirect free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred

(see Law 13 – Position of free kick).

Didn't prevent him from releasing though did he? He prevented him from kicking it after releasing it. Doesn't touch him either. I actually never knew of that rule, always thought it was legal as long as the goalie isn't touched but guess I was wrong.

I spoke to a mate today, as he left Villa Park after our 89 minute toil against Blackpool.

He started describing how depressing and generally mindbendingly shit it was to watch, how sad he felt, sat there watching it (with a nice trip up from London and then back down again after thrown into the mix), that I honestly thought he was about to start crying.

He's a 45 year old solicitor, too, not some overly excitable teenager.

On the bright side, for the first time, real, sustained anti-Lambert chanting going on.

What will happen is, ultimately (probably after about another three years of this guff), Lambert will get the sack and the national media will weigh in about how we've driven him out, when I genuinely can not think of another manager producing so many piss poor results and getting granted so much patience from the fans.

Most clubs, he'd have been hounded out after the first season, but with us he got total support. It took another season of utter shite for him to lose support.

Still, those cunts on Sunday Supplement won't be able to even begin to work their tiny brains around that, they'll just pile in and blame the fans.

I spoke to a mate today, as he left Villa Park after our 89 minute toil against Blackpool.

He started describing how depressing and generally mindbendingly s*** it was to watch, how sad he felt, sat there watching it (with a nice trip up from London and then back down again after thrown into the mix), that I honestly thought he was about to start crying.

On the bright side, for the first time, real, sustained anti-Lambert chanting going on.

What will happen is, ultimately (probably after about another three years of this guff), Lambert will get the sack and the national media will weigh in about how we've driven him out, when I genuinely can not think of another manager producing so many p*ss poor results and getting granted so much patience from the fans.

Most clubs, he'd have been hounded out after the first season, but with us he got total support. It took another season of utter s**** for him to lose support.

Still, those c***s on Sunday Supplement won't be able to even begin to work their tiny brains around that, they'll just pile in and blame the fans.

Your situation sounds like a mirror image of our in regards to the lack of pressure on a complete fraud of a manager.

Hopefully you can have a Steve Parish of your own.

He started describing how depressing and generally mindbendingly shit it was to watch, how sad he felt, sat there watching it (with a nice trip up from London and then back down again after thrown into the mix), that I honestly thought he was about to start crying.

What will happen is, ultimately (probably after about another three years of this guff), Lambert will get the sack and the national media will weigh in about how we've driven him out, when I genuinely can not think of another manager producing so many piss poor results and getting granted so much patience from the fans.

Most clubs, he'd have been hounded out after the first season, but with us he got total support. It took another season of utter shite for him to lose support.

Still, those cunts on Sunday Supplement won't be able to even begin to work their tiny brains around that, they'll just pile in and blame the fans.

When they've probably never had to pay for a ticket in their lives.  Staggering really that pundits can have the nerve, and for it to be so widespread amongst them.

He started describing how depressing and generally mindbendingly s*** it was to watch, how sad he felt, sat there watching it (with a nice trip up from London and then back down again after thrown into the mix), that I honestly thought he was about to start crying.

What will happen is, ultimately (probably after about another three years of this guff), Lambert will get the sack and the national media will weigh in about how we've driven him out, when I genuinely can not think of another manager producing so many p*ss poor results and getting granted so much patience from the fans.

Most clubs, he'd have been hounded out after the first season, but with us he got total support. It took another season of utter s**** for him to lose support.

Still, those c***s on Sunday Supplement won't be able to even begin to work their tiny brains around that, they'll just pile in and blame the fans.

Your situation sounds like a mirror image of our in regards to the lack of pressure on a complete fraud of a manager.

Hopefully you can have a Steve Parish of your own.

it is precisely the same thing at work - the football "industry" protects its own. That means managers always "doing a good job", regardless of the actual evidence, or journalists who are so detached from the experience of fans who actually pay loads of their hard earned money to watch matches that they're basically reporting on a totally different event.

I saw something the other week, that absolute cuntbubble Richard Keyes tweeting about how Malky Mackay deserves another chance (wherever he is) as he's "a great football man". What on fucking earth is that phrase even supposed to mean?

When they've probably never had to pay for a ticket in their lives.  Staggering really that pundits can have the nerve, and for it to be so widespread amongst them.

Spot on, as per last post. It makes me want to puke up at least one, and possibly both of my kidneys.

Should be grateful that you're 12th tbh

This is true.

Last season, towards the end when we were yet again fighting a relegation battle, Randy Lerner released a statement, on a Sunday, saying he was going to say something about the ownership situation at the end of the season, and he was "really disappointed people aren't focusing on the exceptional result we got yesterday".

The result he was referring to?

We'd just drawn 0-0 at home to Southampton.

That fucking says it all, really.

When/if Lambert goes will we be told that Villa fans don't like Scots

To be quite frank, after McLeish, then Lambert, next time there's a referendum, I'll be campaigning for yes.

obviously, of course, I am joking, the club has a long Scottish connection going back to George Ramsay and William McGregor, two of the men most involved in our foundation and years of domination (and, in the case of McGregor, inventing the football league).

The media have to take some serious responsibility with how little knowledge and interest they show in clubs outside of the top 4, or 'lahndan.'

Were it not for fans like you, I personally would've not known how bad it was at Villa park. Ditto for the SackPardew campaigners.

39 goals scored last season is it for Villa? ANyone that follows the league should know they're awful to watch.

11 in 20 league games so far.

Totally on course to smash that 39 goals shitness.

I understand he has you playing like shit and results arent great. What happened to him? I remember a couple of years ago, you all fully supporting him even though results werent great. Was it just blind faith?