The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Man United are really rubbish these days. I know it was inevitable but it's still amazing just how much they lost when Fergie went.

I'm enjoying reading their fans' thoughts on a different forum.  So many parallels between their derision of van Gaal's tactics and our issues with Pardew. 

How has Welback done this season? I seemed to start well, but I haven't heard him mentioned in a while.

Has he done anything of note other than that CL hat-trick? When everyone's fit he shouldn't be in the starting XI imo. Not in the same category as Ozil, AOC, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud & Alexis for a front 6 position.

Lads I converse with want him out of the starting 11 and Walcott in his place.  Reckon he's only there for his defensive work (unsure whether that's the official line or something they've inferred) - sound familiar?

Amusingly, Welbeck kind of won them the game yesterday doing the work for their goals.

Yeah Di Maria has been poor for a while where as Ozil has been wonderful since coming back from injury. Him and silva are the best players to watch in full flow.

3 games today straight after each other. It's like the world cup again. Man, I miss the world cup

I sympathise with Matic for his reaction though, that tackle is insane

This is one of my biggest annoyances with football. It is not exaggeration to say that Barnes put Matic's career and livelihood at risk by coming in that way, you are expecting his leg to snap when you watch the replay for the first time. Yet, nothing is done about it during the match, and it is not unlikely that he gets away with no punishment. In the same incident, one grown adult male pushes the another grown adult male in the shoulder, and it is an automatic red card that sees him banned for an entire month. Stupidity.

Barcelona were awful yesterday, btw. Alves' error for the goal was amateur and they were flat throughout.