The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

The amount of stick Ozil has had in the past in comparison to Di Maria who has had next to none and has been turgid every time I've seen him this season.

Tbf to Di Maria he's hardly played in his best position and fucking upfront most of the time :lol: The criticism of Ozil has always been well OTT anyway, Arsenal are always much better when he's there. They were top when he got injured last year and Ramsey's form was in large part down to him.

He struggles on the wing but that's hardly surprising, it's basically the equivalent of playing Ronaldo as a CM. Absolutely moronic at best and in any case every attacking midfielder is inconsistent, everybody loves Silva and I get why but he's also as inconsistent as they come as seen with his crap form without Toure.

Most of our recent West Ham games have been like this. We piss all over them, fail to score, then they pick us off.

It's crazy how much more energetic/fit spurs look compared to us, considering the amount of games they've played.  They play at such high intensity

It's a mixture of things. Obviously we have a bigger and deeper squad, but it's also very young. Look at the starting XI today - Lloris 28, Walker 24, Dier 21, Vertonghen 27, Rose 24, Mason 23, Bentaleb 20, Lamela 22, Dembele 27, Townsend 23, Kane 21. Eight players under 25 years old, and an average age of 23.6. Compare with yours - Krul 26, Janmaat 25, Wiliamson 31, Coloccini 33, Haidara 22, Colback 25, Anita 25, Gouffran 28, Sissoko 25, Perez 21, Cisse 29. Two players under-25, and an average of 26.3.

I do think that conditioning, training and facilities are a factor though. I mean, you're top of the injury league table with 8, we're bottom with zero, yet we've played far more games than you this season. Signing permacrocks doesn't help (although Raylor is not injured for once), but your player with the most appearances is Janmaat (28 apps) while we have eight players who've played more than that. I think there's something wrong with your conditioning, and it won't be helped by the general malaise around the club. We've regularly been near the top of that table up to this year, and the things that have changed have been the age of the players and the training/coach.