Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Does this mean we give up on Cabella? they seem to be very similar.

It absolutely does IMO. We've gone for the cheap option instead of who would be the best for our team. Not surprising but an absolute fucking disgrace considering how much money we've got in the bank.

Guest ManDoon

It might not be the best place to ask it, but I was wondering this morning about if our wildest dreams came true and Pardew was sacked and we by some chance got a half decent manager, Ashley would then stop signing decent players.

Is Ashley buying good players as Pardew Offsetting, basically.

There is definitely an element of that. Take the January where we bought a few was purely as Pardew had us struggling so we had to buy them. Same this season, he will have given Ashley a load of excuses about needing players

Guest Haris Vuckic

It might not be the best place to ask it, but I was wondering this morning about if our wildest dreams came true and Pardew was sacked and we by some chance got a half decent manager, Ashley would then stop signing decent players.

There is definitely an element of that. Take the January where we bought a few was purely as Pardew had us struggling so we had to buy them. Same this season, he will have given Ashley a load of excuses about needing players

Of course, and who would have guessed we'd struggle after such a brilliant summer window...

Revisionism.

Guest ManDoon

Of course, and who would have guessed we'd struggle after such a brilliant summer window...

Revisionism.

Wat.

The salient point is correct regardless of the summer window.

Guest firetotheworks

Revisionism.

What point are you making? It's difficult to know which part of that is sarcastic, if at all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Revisionism.

What point are you making? It's difficult to know which part of that is sarcastic, if at all.

The point is - the utterly embarrassing Summer window set us up for the January window - If we'd invested correctly we'd have been in nowhere near the mess we were. 

I'm sure the forum will get round to the discussion of Cabella vs De Jong, but the reality is we were only interested in the cheaper one.

Glad we've replaced Cabaye, but Pardews shit team set ups and reactionary tactics are here to stay for the foreseeable unfortunately.

Revisionism.

Anyone who claims that they foresaw potential relegation after finishing fifth and having little turnover is revising history also. Fwiw, I genuinely believe we would have brought Debuchy  anyway and targeted the other players purchased in that window over the next summer----when they were cheaper.

Guest ManDoon

Revisionism.

The point is - the utterly embarrassing Summer window set us up for the January window - If we'd invested correctly we'd have been in nowhere near the mess we were.

Or if we had a half decent manager, of course

I'm sure the forum will get round to the discussion of Cabella vs De Jong, but the reality is we were only interested in the cheaper one.

Glad we've replaced Cabaye, but Pardews s*** team set ups and reactionary tactics are here to stay for the foreseeable unfortunately.

Yeah, however, I think I'm more comfortable with Siem, because he is a bit more gritty, and so it is extremely unlikely he's going to be left out of the team, or faffed about with, due to Pardew thinking he isn't hard enough.

Still unveiling players with last season's shirt. :lol:

:lol:

Such a nonsensical club at the minute.

Are we the only ones yet to reveal what our home strip for next season will be?

Has there been any semblance of a fee whispered around? Apologies if Giggs.

From what I've read, he's obviously the sort of signing we ought to be making. A couple more attackers should see that we don't get relegated.

Glad we've replaced Cabaye, but Pardews s*** team set ups and reactionary tactics are here to stay for the foreseeable unfortunately.

Yeah, however, I think I'm more comfortable with Siem, because he is a bit more gritty, and so it is extremely unlikely he's going to be left out of the team, or faffed about with, due to Pardew thinking he isn't hard enough.

:thup: Cabella would just be HBA all over again imo.

Still unveiling players with last season's shirt. :lol:

Isn't that the new away one?

Aye but there's a pic of him and The King in the tunnel, with last season's home shirt

Does this mean we give up on Cabella? they seem to be very similar.

Media don't seem to think so, more that we have given up on Grenier.

It worries me greatly that now we have signed De Jong, the club see Cabella as a Ben Arfa replacement. Ridiculous as that is but the clubs actions under Ashley has wired me to think that way.