Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

How the fuck do they measure "successful dribbles"? :lol:

Dribbles/Take-ons

This is an attempt by a player to beat an opponent in possession of the ball. A successful dribble means the player beats the defender while retaining possession, unsuccessful ones are where the dribbler is tackled, Opta also log attempted dribbles where the player overruns the ball.

So based on these stats, De Jong rarely dribbles and probably shouldn't be allowed to, rarely passes and almost never makes creative passes, doesn't defend, but shoots and scores alot.

All of that from central midfield.

Again, odd.

Not that I'm an expert on the Dutch league but Siem De Jong seems like a Leon Osman type of an attacking player. Don't think he'd make much difference in The King's rigid so-called 'tactics' but at least he's better than fucking Gosling. Hopefully he has more flair and mobility than his brother at least..

I think he's a player that needs a lot of movement around him, other players creating space for him to take advantage of.

He's gonna be brilliant with our fluid movement all over the pitch.

So based on these stats, De Jong rarely dribbles and probably shouldn't be allowed to, rarely passes and almost never makes creative passes, doesn't defend, but shoots and scores alot.

All of that from central midfield.

Again, odd.

From the couple of videos I watched he has decent movement and loves an early shot, seems to hit everything first-time.

Everyone thinks it doesn't mean much, read the thread. Within 5 games there will be people calling him crap and all because of the way Pardew plays him - long balls over the top from Mike Williamson.

canny signing, but does anyone else think it doesn't mean much...in the grand scheme of things...or am I just being a miserable f***?

Happier than I thought I'd be, suppose because it seems like a genuinely decent signing. The Ben Arfa situation just undermines everything though.

Everyone thinks it doesn't mean much, read the thread.

Fair enough, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not going back through the last 15 or so pages (since I last looked) :thup:

Happier than I thought I'd be, suppose because it seems like a genuinely decent signing. The Ben Arfa situation just undermines everything though.

:thup: my feelings on it as well.

Krul

Anita  Williamson  Coloccini Santon

Tiote    Colback

Sissoko        De Jong        Gouffran

Perez

This is fucking grim

Deep lying striker rather than a number 10, looks like he makes runs similar to Nolan rather than creating and link up like say Silva, Mata etc. Personally think we need the link up creative type as we need someone to provide those plays