Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Bloody hell, a right load of whiners on this thread....save it for the Pardew one, or better yet go and support Liverpool or Chelsea so you can spunk over what tactical masterminds you have as a manager.

Not a Pards-apologist, but the better players we have the better we will do regardless of him. I can wait him out as long as we stay comfortable top half with a nice cup run and trouncing of the Sunderland*

Disclaimer - May not be a true reflection of future events

What a dreadful post.

Suits perfectly the majority of comments on this thread then. 2nd half wasn't really serious, I want him gone but he isn't going to. So will hope that we remain stable enough until he does.

Guest taps01

Does someone want to explain to me why the captain of Ajax is behind relegated Leroy Fer in the pecking order for Holland?

He was injured a lot last season so maybe that's the reason.

Guest antz1uk

What a dreadful post.

Suits perfectly the majority of comments on this thread then. 2nd half wasn't really serious, I want him gone but he isn't going to. So will hope that we remain stable enough until he does.

if that's the way things pan out he'll be here for the length of his contract and some. Personally i hope he gets stick every moment he sticks his head out of the dug-out but far too many will be to apathetic about it and dumbed down by a few signings.

Pardew will always be what holds us back, no matter how many good or great players we sign. We've seen it before, you can only rely on individual brilliance so long. Once managers work out how to nullify the one threat we have, Pardew has no answer.

Our best 11 at the moment? If all are fit.

Cisse

de Jong  HBA

Anita  Tiote  Sissoko

Santon      Williamson  Coloccini    Debuchy

Krul

Pards 11:

Cisse

de Jong

Gouffran    Colback  Tiote    Sissoko

Dummett    Williamson  Coloccini  Debuchy

Krul

Cisse

de Jong  HBA

Anita  Tiote  Sissoko

Krul

Pards 11:

Cisse

de Jong8

Krul

Williamson over mym? No.

Cisse

de Jong  HBA

Anita  Tiote  Sissoko

Krul

Pards 11:

Cisse

de Jong8

Krul

Williamson over mym? No.

I would love MYM to play, but its either him or Coloccini, otherwise there is no aerial presence. MYM needs a run of games for sure, but theres not enough evidence there for me, to say hes better than Coloccini yet. Its ridiculous he never played at centre back when we were effectively safe for half a season. 

Guest Roger Kint

Love the bitterness and ignorance coming from mackems on FB this morning. Bizarrely most seem to think nobody on Tyneside has ever seen the bloke play, they go on as if Ajax was just a cleaning product and not one of Europes most famous club(well if the even knew what hygiene was in Mordor)  :idiot2:

Does this mean we give up on Cabella? they seem to be very similar.

Cabella can play both central and wide though, with de Jong pushed up as a striker. The de Jong signing probably means Montpellier has less of a bargaining chip now that we have a player that can play a withdrawn role, and that Cabella doesn't seem likely to make any WC appearances. Ultimately it depends on whether Montpellier would accept our fee, and it falls more into the 'bargains' section now than the 'urgent needs' section.

I am delighted that we have managed to sign a player, but the reports I have read seem to indicate that he isn't particularly technically gifted or a 'creator' of chances in the Cabaye mould.  Can someone who watches him regularly confirm what he is like?  Is there a player more widely known who he could be likened to?

Almost feel we needed a player like Cabella more?

Guest firetotheworks

It might not be the best place to ask it, but I was wondering this morning about if our wildest dreams came true and Pardew was sacked and we by some chance got a half decent manager, Ashley would then stop signing decent players.

Is Ashley buying good players as Pardew Offsetting, basically.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It might not be the best place to ask it, but I was wondering this morning about if our wildest dreams came true and Pardew was sacked and we by some chance got a half decent manager, Ashley would then stop signing decent players.

Is Ashley buying good players as Pardew Offsetting, basically.

;D ;D ;D

Love the bitterness and ignorance coming from mackems on FB this morning. Bizarrely most seem to think nobody on Tyneside has ever seen the bloke play, they go on as if Ajax was just a cleaning product and not one of Europes most famous club(well if the even knew what hygiene was in Mordor)  :idiot2:

Don't they always say this crap? Besides, who do they ever sign that's known?

Anyway, one other thing that I like about this signing is the fact that he's a good leader, and a strong character. We've missed these qualities since Cabaye left. Can see him picking up the mantle.

Really, really hope Anita stays in the team, because it will be good to have a couple of players that are very comfortable moving the ball around well, and also moving well themselves off the ball.