2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would include Japan on the embarrassments. Iran were canny defensively but I would say Asia was a massive flop in this tournament and they haven't progressed at all.

I would include Japan on the embarrassments. Iran were canny defensively but I would say Asia was a massive flop in this tournament and they haven't progressed at all.

Korea were a big disappointment for me.  I was really hoping they'd at least get out of the group.

Ashley must be rubbing his hands with glee - Krul has probably just ensured that another 10m will be winging its way into the Ashley coffers after Krul is sold to a more ambitious club...

Spurs anyone..??

Juventus won't replace Buffon this summer yet. Milan and Inter 100% wont meet Ashley's demands. Napoli just got Andujar.

Athletic Madrid has no money to spend. No way they will spend over the odds on GK when they desperately need a striker.

IMO very likely Krul will stay 1 more year with us.

*Just got back from the Costa Rica - Holland game. Can't stop getting more and more in love with Robben. What a fantastic footballer he is.

Who would you pick as opponents in the final Flip, if you could and Brazil progress of course?

Still can't get over the fact that Tim Krul came on and was the hero of the night..

The substitution could have backfired majorly against LVG and Krul himself. As it were, it ended up being a brilliant thing to see. At least the name of NUFC had some positive impact at this world cup, and it couldn't have come to a more deserving player.

As for his "antics", I have no idea what problem some posters had with it. Also have no idea how it is an aspect of "modern" football? How about in the past when they used kick the fuck out of each other to intimidate the opposition? Now mind games are the problem? :lol: fuck off.

Still can't get over the fact that Tim Krul came on and was the hero of the night..

The substitution could have backfired majorly against LVG and Krul himself. As it were, it ended up being a brilliant thing to see. At least the name of NUFC had some positive impact at this world cup, and it couldn't have come to a more deserving player.

As for his "antics", I have no idea what problem some posters had with it. Also have no idea how it is an aspect of "modern" football? How about in the past when they used kick the fuck out of each other to intimidate the opposition? Now mind games are the problem? :lol: fuck off.

I don't think referees should allow keepers to chat up the penalty-taker like that. Krul should have been told to stop.

Worse things happen on the pitch as you say, but there needs to some clarification in the guidance to the laws about what is acceptable.

I'm still pleased for the lad, because he did well for all five pens. He's our keeper and I enjoyed watching his success. But if our team had been the victim, I'd be furious at the inaction of the ref in that situation.

As for his "antics", I have no idea what problem some posters had with it. Also have no idea how it is an aspect of "modern" football? How about in the past when they used kick the f*** out of each other to intimidate the opposition? Now mind games are the problem? :lol: f*** off.

I don't think referees should allow keepers to chat up the penalty-taker like that. Krul should have been told to stop.

Worse things happen on the pitch as you say, but there needs to some clarification in the guidance to the laws about what is acceptable.

I'm still pleased for the lad, because he did well for all five pens. He's our keeper and I enjoyed watching his success. But if our team had been the victim, I'd be furious at the inaction of the ref in that situation.

How is it different from defenders chatting up the penalty taker during the game? You see that done ALL THE TIME, and no one ever bats an eye-lid! What about all the swearing and provocation that happens on corners and free-kicks? You'd have to make all that illegal if you are to stop a GK behaving the way Krul did. I don't think he did anything over the top or unsportsmanlike at all. Believe me I absolutely HATE cheating and diving and theatrics. Mind games are completely different. Trying to unnerve an opponent by getting inside their head is nothing like falling over to win a penalty or holding your face to try and get an opponent sent off.

To be completely honest though, I was shouting for him to stop talking to the players so that he doesn't make a fool out of himself if he doesn't save any of the penalties. I fully expected Gonzalez to walk up to him and do the same after dispatching his penalty.

Van Bommel was actually a quality box to box midfielder in his younger days.

I know he turned into a bit of a thug later on, but a younger Van Bommel isn't a bad player to be compared to at all.

I remember Jermaine Jenas outplaying him twice about 9 years ago. Tbf Jenas has outplayed better players than Van Bommel on his day.

Hopefully I'll be able to live the dream until next Sunday. This 3th-4th playoff is such a waste of time.

Can easily see you having too much for Argentina.

Finalists for me v Germany....refereeing decisons and FIFAs 'dream wishes' not withstanding.

I really don't see an outcome where any of these 4 teams have too much for someone else. None of them have set themselves apart from the rest and all have clear strengths and weaknesses.

All four have pretty much limped to the semi finals and expect similar the rest of the way, cagey games which are decided by the tightest of margins.

Guest Samaro Pascal

I did not care much for the way Krul acted during those penalties... Steve Harper would never had lowered himself such a level. Great save and all that, but the mental game infront... Hope i never have to see that again  :knuppel2:

Van Bommel was actually a quality box to box midfielder in his younger days.

I know he turned into a bit of a thug later on, but a younger Van Bommel isn't a bad player to be compared to at all.

I remember Jermaine Jenas outplaying him twice about 9 years ago. Tbf Jenas has outplayed better players than Van Bommel on his day.

Xavi was hauled off at half-time here in the Champions League. Jenassed.