2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And '94 was crap too. I believe a lot of people romanticize it because we were kids. 1998 and 2002 were both better, imho. My fave is obviously 1990, though.

As sad it sounds 2002 was hard to enjoy too much because of the kick off times.

Waking up early to watch England v Nigeria :anguish:

Was horrific. Watching Eng-Brazil in the hall at school before first lesson. Destroyed it all.

My parents writing to the school that I had a dentist's appointment then coming to pick me up for it at lunchtime so I could watch England vs Tunisia in '98. :smug:

Watched that in our middle school French room as it was the only one that had a TV with an aerial, absolute chaos when Shearer nodded in.

We had to make do with a radio on in our Maths lesson. Everyone went mental celebrating when Shearer scored and the Head of Maths came through from next door to give everyone (and the teacher) a bollocking, only to have to rush back in shame as his own class were making even more noise while left unattended.

:milner:

Anyway, back to the present day. I think Germany 1-0 or 3-1 in the final.

Anyone else starting to fall in love with Sabella. The guy is hilarious. The whole time he just looks like he shouldn't be there. He has the demeanour of an nursing home patient wandering down the hard shoulder.

:smitten:

Yeah I like him. The falling over was mint.

Argentine coaches are the best. But we already knew that.

Been waiting to see Argentina in the final since '90. How fitting that it's at the Maracana, and against Germany. Messi will turn up. No question in my mind that he will. Will the others around turn up too? Higuain has improved of late but it's still not enough. Same with Lavezzi. Aguero has been dog shit (due to injury most likely). It would be so sweet for Argentina to win this in Rio, and for Messi to finally wear the crown he so richly deserves.

It's obvious to say Germany will win the Final but I'm not so sure.

They were amazing against Brazil and, scarily, were clearly holding back. They could've went up another gear or two if needed. But most teams wouldn't melt down like Brazil did in those 6 minutes, even Brazil mightn't have if Thiago Silva played. Germany have been the most impressive team so far, but it's not guaranteed that they'll just stroll past the Argies and roll in 5 more.

Argentina's defence is actually quite good, plus Germany's high defensive line is much riskier against Messi, Di Maria & Aguero than against Fred. Also, if Germany choose to play their own game and treat Messi like a normal player, it could easily backfire.

I'm really excited for the game, I think the best 2 teams have made the Final and it's tough to call. There's something amazing about Messi dragging Argentina to glory in the Maracana.

:thup: Good post.

i'd say it's evident that argentina have decent strikers and messi, and they also have a well drilled defence and mascherano

the germans have the midfield though, and what a fucking collection of midfielders it is as well...i just can't see how the argies will beat them beyond keeping it tight and hoping messi does something, they've been horribly static and functional throughout, again all of the things this german team is not

Thought Mascherano was absolutely class last night. Was Argentina's best player.

Dunno if Messi was injured but he was a complete passenger. Walking about while his team mates closed Holland down. Wouldn't mind if he was saving his legs for something special but he just did nothing.

Just watched the penalties from last night again, hard not to feel bad for Cillessen, he looked beaten from the start - was trying to do the Krul-style verbals on the first one but you could tell his heart wasn't in it, he just stopped bothering after that.

Just watched the penalties from last night again, hard not to feel bad for Cillessen, he looked beaten from the start - was trying to do the Krul-style verbals on the first one but you could tell his heart wasn't in it, he just stopped bothering after that.

still was mm's from one and got a decent hand on the winning pen like, not as if he wasn't trying :lol:

sick of Argentinians, they are a bunch of rude f***ing arseholes.

Compared to the Dutch? :lol:

:-)

There's two things I can't stand in this world, people that are intolerant of other peoples nationalities and the Dutch!

Thought Mascherano was absolutely class last night. Was Argentina's best player.

Dunno if Messi was injured but he was a complete passenger. Walking about while his team mates closed Holland down. Wouldn't mind if he was saving his legs for something special but he just did nothing.

Messi always walks around when the other team has the ball to save energy and to get into good positions for when they win the ball back*. And Messi created two really good chances in extra time which people seem to be forgetting

*unless the ball is near him in which case he will try to win it back

Mascherano to Romero before the pens.  "Today, today you become a hero." 

From one to another.

Messi wears the armband, but Mascherano has always been the captain.

Please stop playing him centre half

From one to another.

Are they even getting a new CB in after the retirement of Puyol?

From one to another.

Are they even getting a new CB in after the retirement of Puyol?

Suarez