2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just looking at some statistics from the World Cup that were quite interesting.

The player to make most tackles in the World Cup was Oscar with 30 tackles (who also had most successful tackles with 11) followed by de Vrij and Fernandinho with 17 each.

The player who suffered most tackles was Neymar with 35 followed by Sanchez with 34 and Robben 31. (James Rodriguez only suffered 8 during the whole tournament)

The player who lost most balls was Muller with 72 followed by Messi with 71 and Rojo and Oscar.

The player with most runs into the box was Robben with 19 (!!) followed by Muller with 9.

The player with most recovered balls was de Vrij with 58 followed by Garay with 52.

The player with most completed passes was Lahm with 562 followed by Kroos and Mascherano.

The player with most completed crosses was Robben followed by Valbuena, Neymar and Kroos.

The player with most shots was Benzema who also had the most on target. Messi was 4th in shots, but hit the target less than 50% of his 22 shots. Robben shot 20 and hit the target 19 times.

Conclusion. I love Robben, and how the fuck did de Vrij recover that many balls unnoticed. Thought the best would've been Vlaar as he seemed like a rock for most of the tournament.

Am I the only one who thinks Mascherano is overrated? Think he's quite limited in what he does.

Had a great semi final but I thought he was poor yesterday, he lost the ball several times in dangerous areas

I'm glad it's you who is posting that, because while I don't think he's an excellent player he was very very good in this World Cup. He was the soul of the team and yesterday he had a very good game, glad all the Argentinians who were interviewed on telly agreed.

What us that first sentence supposed to mean? :lol: As I said he was great in the semi final but I don't think he had a great final, hr lost the ball several times in dangerous areas. I actually do think he is an excellent player and one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Just as a matter of interest, what did the Argentines interviewed think of Messi's performance?

Am I the only one who thinks Mascherano is overrated? Think he's quite limited in what he does.

Had a great semi final but I thought he was poor yesterday, he lost the ball several times in dangerous areas

I'm glad it's you who is posting that, because while I don't think he's an excellent player he was very very good in this World Cup. He was the soul of the team and yesterday he had a very good game, glad all the Argentinians who were interviewed on telly agreed.

What us that first sentence supposed to mean? :lol: As I said he was great in the semi final but I don't think he had a great final, hr lost the ball several times in dangerous areas. I actually do think he is an excellent player and one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Just as a matter of interest, what did the Argentines interviewed think of Messi's performance?

That I'm not surprised you thought he was poor yesterday. You seem to think differently to everyone most of the time.

They thought Messi didn't deserve the golden ball and thought he was rather disappointing in the final. They didn't want to blame him but they said that if anyone from their team deserves the golden ball than it had to be Masch.

That I'm not surprised you thought he was poor yesterday. You seem to think differently to everyone most of the time.

They thought Messi didn't deserve the golden ball and thought he was rather disappointing in the final. They didn't want to blame him but they said that if anyone from their team deserves the golden ball than it had to be Masch.

I don't think anything I say on here is that outlandish to be honest. Just because I give an opinion that isn't the same as everybody elses doesn't mean its wrong

triggs, honestly, at times I find it quite refreshing to see people post different views. But at times you give the opinion and it feels as you only give it to start a discussion. Saying Mascherano was poor yesterday is beyond me, but if you're telling me that's your genuine opinion than what else can I say.

triggs, honestly, at times I find it quite refreshing to see people post different views. But at times you give the opinion and it feels as you only give it to start a discussion. Saying Mascherano was poor yesterday is beyond me, but if you're telling me that's your genuine opinion than what else can I say.

He wasn't particularly awful or anything like,I just thought he lost possession in very bad areas at times. And your opinions are just as mental as mine a lot of the time. For example, you think Ribery is a better player than Robben

He wasn't particularly awful or anything like,I just thought he lost possession in very bad areas at times. And your opinions are just as mental as mine a lot of the time.

:thup:

Guest palnese

Haven't you got water to fetch, Flip? Stop polluting the forum with needless analysis of posters, man. Nobody cares.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I want to know who voted Messi player of the tournament, so i can kick em in the bollocks. Ridiculous decision, it was Mascherano for me, with a couple of Germans running him close and James Rodriguez up there too.

I want to know who voted Messi player of the tournament, so i can kick em in the bollocks. Ridiculous decision, it was Mascherano for me, with a couple of Germans running him close and James Rodriguez up there too.

Exactly!  What a horse shit decision.  I don't know anyone who thought he was deserving of the Golden Ball.  Most of the German team had a better tournament.  And I would say that two other players on Argentina had a better tournament. 

Guest bimpy474

Exactly!  What a horse shit decision.  I don't know anyone who thought he was deserving of the Golden Ball.  Most of the German team had a better tournament.  And I would say that two other players on Argentina had a better tournament. 

Aye, bonkers decision tbh.

Neuer was the best player, imo.

He did little wrong (although he was let off by a poor finish on one of his many charges earlier in the tournament), but through no fault of his own he also didn't have the opportunity to shine such that he could be the player of the tournament IMO.

I still think Robben should have won it. Just on Germany for a second, a lot of their players didn't play that well in the final. Kroos, Muller, Hummels were all average enough. Boateng and Schweinsteiger were their best players yesterday IMO

I still think Robben should have won it. Just on Germany for a second, a lot of their players didn't play that well in the final. Kroos, Muller, Hummels were all average enough. Boateng and Schweinsteiger were their best players yesterday IMO

Robben was immense and over 7 games probably the best performer.

Robben was immense and over 7 games probably the best performer.

Certainly in the top two for me.  Every time he got the ball, it seemed like something would happen.