2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I'm watching this Rio in Rio thing. Bit s**** like.

I'm enjoying it. Warming to Rio a bit.

It's got better like. His mate seems like a complete cock.

Didn't realise that four years ago Maradona thought that Muller was a ball-boy. :lol: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n272/jimmyMNSTR2/smiley_snorting.gif

:lol: The coked-up motherfucker refused to do the press conference until they'd got rid of the "ball boy".

(in German and Spanish)

Obviously, the German press had a field day after Müller tore the Argies to pieces :lol:

He's been surprisingly good. Thought he'd be shite but been better than most. At the very least he takes the time to actually research the players he's supposed to be commenting on which puts him above the Soccer Saturday numpties for a start.

He's been surprisingly good. Thought he'd be shite but been better than most. At the very least he takes the time to actually research the players he's supposed to be commenting on which puts him above the Soccer Saturday numpties for a start.

MOTD regular after Hansen leaving and tbh impressed with him on the world cup show

Scolari sacked.

Thought he resigned

It's neither, he just won't be renewed. It's fair enough I guess, I'm still glad he was able to bring Brazil back on the map until the last two games. I don't think people remember how shit we actually were under Mano. We couldn't beat teams not named China or Iraq. Although I'm not happy with rumours doing the round that we're after a foreigner.

Looks like he has fallen on his sword

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/12027/9382444/world-cup-confederation-of-brazilian-football-confirms-luiz-felipe-scolari-departure

Still feel a bit lost that this is all over. Germany deserved to win overall, but Argentina really should've won that game. 0 shots on target, but Higuain's and Palacio's chances were pathetic (Messi's not so much - tough angle and perhaps the wrong foot for it). Neuer could've been sent off for clattering Higuain, which would've been game-changing. In the end, it was a mix of extra German recovery time and Sabella's awful subs that decided it - Lavezzi was brilliant, again. A less tired defence probably wouldn't have gave Gotze all that room, but what a finish!

Schweinsteiger and Neuer were class, as always, along with 'Masher' Mascherano. I know there's been some Messi-hating but that award was probably decided pre-kick off and, until then, he was certainly amongst the outstanding 3 or 4. He wasn't even bad during the game - starting brilliantly and faded slightly but there's only so much one man can do. That final free kick was poor, admittedly.

It's just such a shame that it's all over and we're without football for a month, with no enjoyable football for at least a year! The group stage was magnificent and the knockouts faded but what they lost in quality was made up for in drama. Brazil v Chile, Germany v Algeria, extra time in Belgium v USA, Tim Krul's shootout and Brazil v Germany were all amazing in their own ways. A really good tournament, with a classy BBC montage finishing things of, as per usual.

First half of Brazil v Chile is the best half of international football I can remember watching.

Atmosphere for that match, insane. In fact, some of the group stage South/Central America team matches were some of my favorite.

First half of Brazil v Chile is the best half of international football I can remember watching.

from what perspective?  remember brazil pressuring the fuck out of them and chile not really getting into the game bar the goal, preferred the second half of that game when chile found their feet

German team arrived home and now driving through Berlin with an open-top bus. Incredible scenes.

You're more of an England fan than a Germany fan, aren't you?

Yeah, sure. Was supporting Germany in the final but I didn't go crazy or anything.

Still, great scenes all over the country and nice to see Löw proving his critics wrong.

German team arrived home and now driving through Berlin with an open-top bus. Incredible scenes.

You're more of an England fan than a Germany fan, aren't you?

Yeah, sure. Was supporting Germany in the final but I didn't go crazy or anything.

Still, great scenes all over the country and nice to see Löw proving his critics wrong.

Are you German though? Doesn't make any sense really, if you're German why would you support England?