Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Feyenoord turned down a lower offer from a top 4 PL club or the player turned down the offer? :lol:

we can offer him quality spooning time with Dutch Hero Tim Krul so there's that to contend with.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/janmaat-op-weg-naar-newcastle-united.htm?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nieuws

Daryl Janmaat relocated to the Premier League. Feyenoord defender tomorrow medically examined by Newcastle United.

The medical examination of the right back would occur today. However Janmaat is ill and therefore the test was postponed to tomorrow. If the medical checks do not bring problems to light, nothing stands in the way of transfer. This confirms agent Rob Jansen to Voetbal International .

Janmaat the fourth Dutchman at Newcastle, which earlier this summer Siem de Jong took over all of Ajax. Tim Krul also Vurnon Anita and earn their living at the English average performer. Janmaat (24) is the heir of Mathieu Debuchy, probably transferring to Arsenal.

Feyenoord seems to be the excellent performance of Orange at the World Cup, are also victims because except Janmaat Bruno Martins Indi and Stefan de Vrij en route to other clubs. Additionally became the Rotterdam Graziano Pelle already lost to Southampton. Monday reinforced Feyenoord already with Khalid Boulahrouz. (Reon Boeringa)

Replacing the outgoing Debuchy is the least we should do, and it would be criminal if we didn't. They aren't getting a pat on the back for this transfer.

They seem more than capable of patting their own backs as Pardew cringingly demonstrated today, though in this instance popping out and picking up the Dutch right back seems more than adequate tbh.

It is adequate and should be treated as such. After all we have been conditioned not to expect any signing even after selling our players. I don't think anyone should be expected to jump in joy cos we would have a decent replacement for one of our best players though.

Exactly right. Expectations are now so pitifully low that there's excitement over merely replacing a proven quality player with one that may not be as good. And at the very least will probably take several months to adjust to the league in exactly the same way as Debuchy did.

Replacing the outgoing Debuchy is the least we should do, and it would be criminal if we didn't. They aren't getting a pat on the back for this transfer.

They seem more than capable of patting their own backs as Pardew cringingly demonstrated today, though in this instance popping out and picking up the Dutch right back seems more than adequate tbh.

It is adequate and should be treated as such. After all we have been conditioned not to expect any signing even after selling our players. I don't think anyone should be expected to jump in joy cos we would have a decent replacement for one of our best players though.

Exactly right. Expectations are now so pitifully low that there's excitement over merely replacing a proven quality player with one that may not be as good. And at the very least will probably take several months to adjust to the league in exactly the same way as Debuchy did.

The only ones with pitifully low expectations are those who said that the asset stripping would finally kick in this summer, and we were incapable of such a seemingly professional switch as this.

Bring in another world cup right back before the last one has left the building? Not under this regime!

No one expects anyone to get warm feelings over Colback, or forget that Debuchy is going and maybe Mbiwa is soon to follow, but surely we're allowed a bit of a spring in our step after the last three signings?

It's not even a wash iyam. The only positive is money, and we all know how that goes.

Even if he's just as good a right back, which I don't believe to be the case, we now get to go through the fun bedding in stage, again. ie the stage that debuchy took 6 months to get through.

Still too early to say we have a remotely successful transfer window. I would look at our transfers at a whole, and not based on any individual signings. Our incomings, including Janmaat and possibly Riviere are covered by the Cabaye sale and impending Debuchy move, and there's plenty more money in the bank. If we fail to address the apparent deficiencies in our squad (proven striker or two, CB, another creative player to lessen our burden on Cabella), it would have been a lacking window nonetheless. There are simply no excuses with that pile of gold lying around.

Then I will decide if I should jump in joy or have a little spring in my steps.

Still too early to say we have a remotely successful transfer window. I would look at our transfers at a whole, and not based on any individual signings. Our incomings, including Janmaat and possibly Riviere are covered by the Cabaye sale and impending Debuchy move, and there's plenty more money in the bank. If we fail to address the apparent deficiencies in our squad (proven striker or two, CB, another creative player to lessen our burden on Cabella), it would have been a lacking window nonetheless. There are simply no excuses with that pile of gold lying around.

Then I will decide if I should jump in joy or have a little spring in my steps.

Man, I hope that you do. Would indicate an awesome summer indeed. :D

I am still highly sceptical about our transfer policy, without a doubt we are still signing players on a profit motive rather than to achieve anything. Nothing less than a quality striker and a proper manager will change that. That said, I'm still glad we are looking to sign Janmaat rather than put Ryan Taylor back into the team.

Guest Roger Kint

I am still highly sceptical about our transfer policy, without a doubt we are still signing players on a profit motive rather than to achieve anything. Nothing less than a quality striker and a proper manager will change that. That said, I'm still glad we are looking to sign Janmaat rather than put Ryan Taylor back into the team.

Graeme Bailey is tweeting that Rivierre PLUS one top striker are still on this summer. Believe it when i see it but guess you never know

Graeme Bailey is tweeting that Rivierre PLUS one top striker are still on this summer. Believe it when i see it but guess you never know

I guess it will come down to what is classed as a top striker by the club, and whether this top striker makes it from the target list to St James Park.

Guest Roger Kint

Think it's Lacazette the club wants. Doubtful we'll fork out what Lyon are asking for though.

Dunno like, get the feeling they ran away from that a while back