Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Whilst we're on the phone with Feyenoord, we could do worse than putting an offer in for Stefan de Vrij as a Yanga Mbiwa replacement (should he leave, which I don't hope he will). Add some Geordie Classy and we'll be laughing.

Ooo, de Vrij's contract expires in 2015 too.

Don't you support Feyenoord?

Not really. I live in Rotterdam, and have some sympathy for them because of a few friends I know who support them, but the same applies for both other teams in the city (Sparta and Excelsior). I am quite happy to see them doing so well lately with their focus on youth development, which started much like at BVB because of financial problems.

Guest Roger Kint

Setting the transfer window on fire

Fuck the window, the whole transfer bunker has been set-a-had

http://animationsa2z.com/attachments/Image/landscape/landscape11.gif

Disappointingly, the King and the Fat Man have totally killed my enthusiasm for all this  :(

Struggling at the minute to really give a s*** about these signings which is a real shame

I still feel meh about the future, but can't help being slightly excited about these new lads.

Yep - nothing like a new signing to make you feel a little bit optimistic, despite the wider depression.

Replacing the outgoing Debuchy is the least we should do, and it would be criminal if we didn't. They aren't getting a pat on the back for this transfer.

They seem more than capable of patting their own backs as Pardew so cringingly demonstrated today, though in this instance popping out and picking up the Dutch right back seems more than adequate tbh.

Replacing the outgoing Debuchy is the least we should do, and it would be criminal if we didn't. They aren't getting a pat on the back for this transfer.

They seem more than capable of patting their own backs as Pardew cringingly demonstrated today, though in this instance popping out and picking up the Dutch right back seems more than adequate tbh.

It is adequate and should be treated as such. After all we have been conditioned not to expect any signing even after selling our players. I don't think anyone should be expected to jump in joy cos we would have a decent replacement for one of our best players though.

Guest firetotheworks

It was hard to tell that much about him from the World Cup tbh, he didn't look that special going forward, but seemed less rash than Debuchy defensively. I'd like to think that him more of a defensive right back than Debuchy might mean that whoever plays RW/RF will have more licence attack, but ye nah, probably not.

It was hard to tell that much about him from the World Cup tbh, he didn't look that special going forward, but seemed less rash than Debuchy defensively. I'd like to think that him more of a defensive right back than Debuchy might mean that whoever plays RW/RF will have more licence attack, but ye nah, probably not.

He's not a more defensive right back than Debuchy :lol:

They can have one from me. When we sign someone who no one knows much about, then he does well in the world cup I don't have a problem saying good job.

Disappointingly, the King and the Fat Man have totally killed my enthusiasm for all this  :(

Struggling at the minute to really give a s*** about these signings which is a real shame

I still feel meh about the future, but can't help being slightly excited about these new lads.

Yep - nothing like a new signing to make you feel a little bit optimistic, despite the wider depression.

I'm sure I'll come round but the whole "cups not a priority" thing just extinguished any hope I had left there we were actually a football club in the proper sense of the word.

I've no doubt these players are being told quite happily to only look upon their moves here as a stepping stone to a bigger move somewhere else and that we will, in no circumstances stand in their way, in fact quite the opposite, we'll do everything we can to move them on. Just makes all this, ultimately pointless. Sorry for stinking up what should be a positive moment, but I just can't help but see it for what it is, a good future deal for the Fat Man

They can have one from me. When we sign someone who no one knows much about, then he does well in the world cup I don't have a problem saying good job.

Not saying he's crap but the WC is hardly the measure of a player. Let alone someone who didn't exactly awe with his performances in the tournament.

Not saying he's crap but the WC is hardly the measure of a player. Let alone someone who didn't exactly awe with his performances in the tournament.

But what I saw I liked. Looks decent defensively, good in the air, and offers genuine width going forward. So I am quite pleased that we got in their before other clubs, that's just my personal assessment, others might feel different. Maybe they've seen more of him than me, but I can only go off what I saw.

But what I saw I liked. Looks decent defensively, good in the air, and offers genuine width going forward. So I am quite pleased that we got in their before other clubs, that's just my personal assessment, others might feel different. Maybe they've seen more of him than me, but I can only go off what I saw.

He showed glimpses of what he could do but to say he's had a good tournament as an individual would be rewriting history.

Guest firetotheworks

He's not a more defensive right back than Debuchy :lol:

He looked that way from the World Cup, which is all I've seen of him. Or at least more defensive than Debuchy any way. Good to hear, if you're saying he's more attacking than that though.