Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

I'd have no problem getting a different RB (and have felt this for some time) if we stay up and Rafa gets to get a better defensively (and hopefully better paced RB)

Don't think anyone would, although on the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing how Janmaat would do in a functioning team that's not completely demoralised. We'll need to sign enough players as it is!

What is with us and 'i want to play for a bigger club' RB? First Debuchy, now Janmaat. Get back Danny Simpson or if he can still play, get Warren Barton back.

Not just RB's, we've had it with numerous players for years and hardly any have went on to better themselves.

Any player with any sense would want to leave this s*** stain of a club (as it has been for years now), I struggle to be offended tbh

Aye, i've seen him put enough shifts in this season only to be utterly frustrated by the wankers who have failed to realise what constitutes effort in our ranks and took the piss

I have him as a decent lad who has just had enough of this circus and wants to better himself. Any replacement will be a downgrade.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is bang average, but who can blame him for wanting away? He is a Dutch international with ambition. I won't be too sorry to see him go like, along with 80% of them.

He's not better than playing for the second worst team in the third best league in Europe? I strongly disagree.

He's one of the reasons we are where we are, a big reason.  He's either not there to defend or can't defend when he does actually find himself at right back.  Going forward was his plus point but apparently when the going gets tough he hides instead of steps up, which isn't what a top player does at all.  So no he's not good enough to play for a bigger club than us.

Hope to god that once a defender or two comes back Rafa drops him out of the squad and leaves him out, the fucker has no soul, just drifts along going through the motions.

Well you either go through life not listening to much or watch a different Daryl Janmaat than me.  He's done absolutely nowt going forward for a while now.  His crossing these days is the very definition of going through the motions.  No energy anymore to try to beat a player or drive forward either, just hang about on the wing, get the ball and float a hopeful ball in.

Was quite telling that Anita put a far better ball into the box in the limited time he was on the pitch at right back than Janmaat did in the 71 minutes he was on the pitch in the same position.

Loads of people say players can't be bothered or aren't putting in effort when in reality they're just playing badly. Up until Benitez came in and probably told him to not take as many risks going forward he was our most direct player going forward and was always trying to get into the box. He's not a very good crosser of the ball, never really has been. He gets to the byline and generally floats one up

Rafa has undoubtedly told him not to break forward as often.  But his attacking threat had gone to shit before he came in.  He's not a terrible crosser of the ball either, not from watching him for the first year and a bit here.  Just looks to me now like he wants to get the ball and get rid of it, no conviction on the cross or in what he's doing in general.

Rafa has undoubtedly told him not to break forward as often.  But his attacking threat had gone to s*** before he came in.  He's not a terrible crosser of the ball either, not from watching him for the first year and a bit here.  Just looks to me now like he wants to get the ball and get rid of it, no conviction on the cross or in what he's doing in general.

It looks like he's been told to cross it early, and has been for a while. I think it's as much tactical instruction from SMC as it is the player putting in about 20% less effort.