Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Guest firetotheworks

How does he 'look the part'?

Physically looks like he should be able to hold his own and his pace is decent. In practice he's weak as piss and his positioning in order to able to use any pace that he has is crap.

Pardew has said he has been threw in at the deep end and he's not had a chance to bed in which TBH I agree with. Still does not hide the fact he has looked shit so far.

I think the main concern is he's exactly as he was described in France, nothing much about him and was no real threat even with James Rodriguez and Moutinho creating chances for him.

Obviously Graham Carr is the greatest scout that's ever worked but it's almost as if signing £6m duds from France will struggle to make an impact leading the line in the Premier League.

Looked sharp and showed good control against Man City. I literally haven't seen any full games of ours since, so just have been going by people's reviews on here. What the hell happened? I guess he's never a lone striker. I can see him blossoming just behind Cisse.

http://www.football365.com/crystal-palace/9487644/PARDEW-BACKS-RIVIERE

"Anyone who has seen us play this year will know the top of the pitch has been an issue for us," said Pardew.

"We've just not had that cutting edge.

"So perhaps the two goals on Saturday and two tonight is a big lift for the club.

"I'm so pleased for Manu, he's worked tirelessly this season, and he deserves those goals.

"That will give him a real lift."

Maybe a couple of goals under his belt will help, but it always worries me when a striker has confidence issues. I quite like him as a player, he does try some clever stuff but a striker should always be looking to score in every game. Say what you like about Cisse, but there's no way he won't be there on the end of a cross if the service comes in.

his movement is awful. if you get to watch the penalty that Sammy won against palace yesterday, there a massive gap on the edge of the 6 yard box for riviere to move into, yet he actually makes a move away from the space and towards Sammy. if Sammy hadn't been brought down and had beat his man then there'd have been no one in the centre waiting for a tap in.

not explained very well, but just watch the highlights. poor play.

Didn't really watch all of yesterdays game but he took his goal quite well. More worryingly Ameobi and Obertan put in a few good crosses into good areas and Riviere was nowhere to bee seen to tap them in. Seems to lack a strikers instinct on where to position himself. Will settle for him as an impact player or a back up striker if, and that's a big if, Papiss realizes how to play football again.