Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

He got 10 goals in 20 games worth of minutes last season, thats not to bad. We've seen with Ben Arfa theres more to a situation than stats, the context helps.

Hes not going to be flying if hes given 20 minutes here & there in many matches as it looks. Quick check of the games & looks like he scored in most games in ligue 1 where he played 60+ minutes.

He got 10 goals in 20 games worth of minutes last season, thats not to bad. We've seen with Ben Arfa theres more to a situation than stats, the context helps.

Hes not going to be flying if hes given 20 minutes here & there in many matches as it looks. Quick check of the games & looks like he scored in most games in ligue 1 where he played 60+ minutes.

So he's no good getting chucked on with 20 minutes to go to save a game?

Bollards.

Seems explosive in terms of speed and jumping. I'm happy with this as we are adding bodies finally.

Yeah, the elite athleticism is what's impressing me so far. Been so long since we've had a striker that isn't small/weak/slow

Yep, the raw material of a decent striker seems to be there. Grounds for optimism.

Some strikers dont start scoring until their mid 20's, Cavani was a 1 in 3 striker until he turned 24.

Suarez only started biting when he was 24, so this guy could become that. Players peak and develop at different times. Sometimes a change of league may suit different players also.

Seems like a big lad with a bit of pace, at the very least you'd imagine he'll be able to cause some problems pulling defenders around, that in itself is an upgrade on Shola and LDJ.

Just have to have faith in the Scouting, apart from a couple of occasions we dont sign too many duds.

Still reckon there's another decent forward to come in.

It's natural when folk haven't seen much of him to look at his stats and judge him on those. There may be more to his game.

Plus between him, Cabella and De Jong there maybe enough goals shared around, not a bad thing to have other players scoring as provides more fret. We need a athletic striker and it seems he has those attributes to cause issues. Hopefully we will bring someone in alongside him but shaping up well.

Stats only tell us so much really. I look back at someone like Roque Santa Cruz, had a pretty poor looking record in terms of goals at Bayern Munich, then seemed to have a very good strike rate at Blackburn when he joined.

Sometimes a player and a club just fit. Hope it's the case with this useless cunt.

It's natural when folk haven't seen much of him to look at his stats and judge him on those. There may be more to his game.

Plus between him, Cabella and De Jong there maybe enough goals shared around, not a bad thing to have other players scoring as provides more fret. We need a athletic striker and it seems he has those attributes to cause issues. Hopefully we will bring someone in alongside him but shaping up well.

It's natural to look at the scoring rate, but it doesn't show movement off the ball, how the player can bring others into play, how the opposition react etc..

I still want to see us sign a prolific scorer, naturally.

He'll quickly get dubbed as headless chicken by our fans in his first few months of adaptation naturally.

:lol:

From the french lad in the Cabella thread:

Rivière, then I am sure he isn't  very strong! He's a poor Loic Remy. He just speed. Poor finishing, poor technique, a headless chicken!

Lacazette is younger and 100 times better. Even Martial with that Rivière plays club is much better then he just turned 18!

Guest Roger Kint

Some strikers dont start scoring until their mid 20's, Cavani was a 1 in 3 striker until he turned 24.

Gomis still is and he will be 29 when the season kicks off, at least we are trying to get a younger player with a chance of improvement

Apparently talks underway for another striker according to Graeme Bailey, Ashley is going to bum the fuck out of Charnley when he realises what he is up to. Signing players especially this many won't go down well

Guest Korzy

Emmanuel Riviere is a player who often starts very well the season.

But soon you realize that he's a limited player.

Fast, powerful enough, can be very nice on a good day but also very irregular.

Technically he's weak, lack of finish and can be very frustrating.

I consider Rivère as a headless chicken ...

But the premier league is perhaps a championship adapted to him. He's young, he can progress. But don't expect to have Thierry Henry ahahaha.

PS : sorry for my bad english !

Apparently talks underway for another striker according to Graeme Bailey, Ashley is going to bum the f*** out of Charnley when he realises what he is up to. Signing players especially this many won't go down well

Apparently Ashley was royally pissed off when Kinnear didnt sign any players in two transfer windows and sold Cabaye at a reduced price. So I imagine hes quite happy with the work Charnley is doing.

Apparently talks underway for another striker according to Graeme Bailey, Ashley is going to bum the f*** out of Charnley when he realises what he is up to. Signing players especially this many won't go down well

Apparently Ashley was royally p*ssed off when Kinnear didnt sign any players in two transfer windows and sold Cabaye at a reduced price. So I imagine hes quite happy with the work Charnley is doing.

I suppose as long as Charnley is actually spending money we don't recoup then it may be fine. 6 players for the money received on Cabaye and Debuchy deals essentially. Wonder if we plan on spending that 60 odd million TV money we have.

Apparently Ashley was royally p*ssed off when Kinnear didnt sign any players in two transfer windows and sold Cabaye at a reduced price. So I imagine hes quite happy with the work Charnley is doing.

I suppose as long as Charnley is actually spending money we don't recoup then it may be fine. 6 players for the money received on Cabaye and Debuchy deals essentially. Wonder if we plan on spending that 60 odd million TV money we have.

:D Not a chance. I think that after we have filled the gaps in the squad. Two strikers and a replacement CB if Mbiwa leaves. We will only sign a player if we think its an exceptional deal.

Of course not. That's Ashley's take for a fantastic season past.