Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

It's natural when folk haven't seen much of him to look at his stats and judge him on those. There may be more to his game.

Plus between him, Cabella and De Jong there maybe enough goals shared around, not a bad thing to have other players scoring as provides more fret. We need a athletic striker and it seems he has those attributes to cause issues. Hopefully we will bring someone in alongside him but shaping up well.

It's natural to look at the scoring rate, but it doesn't show movement off the ball, how the player can bring others into play, how the opposition react etc..

I still want to see us sign a prolific scorer, naturally.

True. Only that those who have seen him play didn't exactly give promising accounts. Like you say, I hope there's another striker signing in the works.

Guest Roger Kint

The Tindernator is a worrying man, bet he has tweeted about 50 times in the last hour too the sad twat :lol:

Fuck me! Wouldn't be so bad if it was a young lad stalking the training ground but he's a grown man :lol:

Yeah, would almost make me sort of nostalgic if it was a kid, I barely remember being excited for things like that. But this guy ffs, the best on his second chin doesn't help either.

Guest Roger Kint

Who's the guy in the shit catcher jeans

Someone on twitter is trying to pass him off as PEA :lol: Likely be a friend or family member he travelled with

Anyone who isn't Shola (and Cisse in his more recent form) is worth a shot. He may be our Sanogo or could end up more of a Saha (Fulham days). Given our lack of striking options don't see it as a massive risk.

People were complaining when we signed Ba, you just never know how it's going to pan out.

Exactly, and many (myself included) were writing Ba off after his shocking debut against Arsenal when he got hooked at half time.

Guest Roger Kint

People were complaining when we signed Ba? ???

He was suffering early on with Ramadan wasnt he?

There was also a bit of frustration that we'd just banked £35m for Carroll and had spent nowt on a striker, not that that was Ba's fault.

The anger at the lack of outlay was somewhat understandable mind, since we'd just got Ba/Marveaux/Abeid on frees, signed Santon as Enrique's replacement and spent about £8m on Cabaye/Obertan.  We did obviously get Cisse in January though.

People were complaining when we signed Ba? ???

A lot on here were furious at the time, partly because we signed him on a free and didn't buy another striker. This lad is similar for me, in that he's the type of player I like, fast and powerful, but he's unproven. If we sign another striker then it could be a great move, but if we are relying on him to be our main goal scorer then I'm worried.