Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

To be honest, out of Cabella, Siem DJ, Janmaat * and this guy - well, this guy is the only one I dont think ive ever seen play (or if i have, he hasnt registered).

And if i'm even more honest, don't really recognise the name. So I have no expectations at all....which is good, right???

*Oh, also Colback. He happened.

I'm talking about the fee. £6m for a striker is nowt.

Again, in wider terms. In NUFC terms it's not. Third time we've spent that or more since 2005 on a striker (Cisse/Martins).

10 goals in 19 starts and 11 sub appearances last season, not amazing but far from poor.

He did score a hat-trick during the first game of the season.  :yao:

Ok, but still he was only on the pitch for 1752 minutes last season (less than 20 full games).  We'll see, could be that his attributes actually suit the Premier League more so than Ligue 1.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien  3m

After Cabella,Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco) will sign for Newcastle. Fee 6.5 million pounds. Too much for an average striker.Not convinced #nufc

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien  32s

Riviere is strong physically, has pace with good runs at times. But he is not clinical enough & not strong mentally enough to be top striker

Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien  3m

After Cabella,Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco) will sign for Newcastle. Fee 6.5 million pounds. Too much for an average striker.Not convinced #nufc

Not a ringing endorsement to say the least. Has to be better than our former number 23 though!

Oh yeah...come to think of it, Bale occasionally does that too. I retract my reservations (over the rest of the 4 minute video where they repeat the same 3 goals)

There's a video of him that has no music. First time I've ever seen a footballer compilation with an enjoyable song.

Twitter quotes from that guy who was/is a director of football (think he had been at Monaco but before Riviere):

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk  4m

Very much looking forward to seeing Cabella in the PL, quality player. Though slightly surprised Newcastle are set to sign Rivière as well

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk  3m

Rivière is powerful and quick, but never struck me a likely target for a club aiming to finish top half. Hope he proves me wrong

Twitter quotes from that guy who was/is a director of football (think he had been at Monaco but before Riviere):

Very much looking forward to seeing Cabella in the PL, quality player. Though slightly surprised Newcastle are set to sign Rivière as well

Rivière is powerful and quick, but never struck me a likely target for a club aiming to finish top half. Hope he proves me wrong

:lol:

Perfect signing for us then.

Rivière is powerful and quick, but never struck me a likely target for a club aiming to finish top half. Hope he proves me wrong and cheap. No surprise Newcastle want him.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like Gouffran had a better recent goalscoring record before leaving France.

Tbf he was played as a striker and not a False 3 like.