Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

If he's not the main striker we are after, its no bad thing.

Agree. If we get someone class like Remy on top of this we have done really well. Lee Charnley 6 JFK 0.

Yeah, I'll be fairly happy with that

Remy  :lol:

funny thing is If we offered him a pay rise he'd be here asap

Agree. If we get someone class like Remy on top of this we have done really well. Lee Charnley 6 JFK 0.

I doubt it either but someone decent of a similar level. Hope there is one more forward to arrive as what we have atm is not enough.

If Graham Carr thinks he can do the business that's good enough for me. We were crying out for pace and movement up top, so I'm glad we've got it. If we get another striker at Remy/Aubameyang/Lukaku level or just below in I will be ecstatic, and for the first time in years I actually believe there is a willingness to spend some of the club's money to improve the squad. Long may it continue.

Andrew Gibney @Gibney_A  ·  7m

Emmanuele Riviere going to #NUFC is possibly one of the only times a EPL club have overpaid for a Ligue 1 player. Interesting player.

Riviere only scored twice in 2014 for ASM. Lost his place to Berbatov and Martial. Not sure how anyone justifies a €8m price tag #NUFC

On the plus side, Riviere is only 24. There is time to blossom, but that price is over the odds for what he has done in his career #NUFC

I doubt it either but someone decent of a similar level. Hope there is one more forward to arrive as what we have atm is not enough.

I just can't see it personally mate.

Given how much proper strikers cost it just isn't going to happen.

If the reports are correct we haven't paid over 10million for a player since Owen  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

We should get Loic up to Newcastle just as he's signing the contract, pull it away and bring in PEA wearing a Harry Redknapp mask.

Everything about him screams 7-goal-a-season physical forward usually signed by some PL jobbers. Probably represented by Willie McKay.

I'd take that tbh, provided the likes of Cabella/De Jong produce a similar outlay and a Remy level striker is signed.

The positive news is Douglas et al. have got the names and numbers of the players we have signed correct from the start and they think 2 forwards are on the list. Lacazette, Remy or whoever would be fantastic and do a lot to increase optimism. Just need the king to get his act together but that is easier said than done.

Everything about him screams 7-goal-a-season physical forward usually signed by some PL jobbers. Probably represented by Willie McKay.

really?

pace is the main attribute i seem to have read about?

The positive news is Douglas et al. have got the names and numbers of the players we have signed correct from the start and they think 2 forwards are on the list. Lacazette, Remy or whoever would be fantastic and do a lot to increase optimism. Just need the king to get his act together but that is easier said than done.

Aye lets hope so. :thup:

I have a feeling that "top striker" signing will be more difficult to complete than the others combined though.

Aye lets hope so. :thup:

I have a feeling that "top striker" signing will be more difficult to complete than the others combined though.

Why would Riviere come here to sit on the bench when he could have sat on the bench in the south of france which also happens to be a tax haven?

Emmanuele Riviere going to #NUFC is possibly one of the only times a EPL club have overpaid for a Ligue 1 player. Interesting player.

Riviere only scored twice in 2014 for ASM. Lost his place to Berbatov and Martial. Not sure how anyone justifies a €8m price tag #NUFC

On the plus side, Riviere is only 24. There is time to blossom, but that price is over the odds for what he has done in his career #NUFC

If Carroll is £35m after a good half a season in the top flight, £6m for someone who did similar in France is frig all.

Guest VanBarduck

How on earth are we supposed to get a Remy level striker ? Is there any actually at the amount of money we're willing to spend ?

If Carroll is £35m after a good half a season in the top flight, £6m for someone who did similar in France is frig all.

Absolute irrelevant as you well know and as we are a team that struggles badly to get strikers in, it is a risk, especially as he going to be first choice as it stands.

Guest VanBarduck

10 goals in 19 starts and 11 sub appearances last season, not amazing but far from poor.

He did score a hat-trick during the first game of the season.  :yao: