Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Not a lone forward. Needs a proper striker to play off...Has a bit of pace and can dart here and there. Could still turn out okay in a proper set up.

I'm with you on that one. I think he'd work quite well with Cisse funnily enough, he does drag defenders around a bit.

• 5 weeks later...

I know it was only half an hour in a stretched game but last night was the first time I've seen this lad look like he might have something about him, showed decent pace and strength.

Looks a lot better without that stupid hair too.

I know it was only half an hour in a stretched game but last night was the first time I've seen this lad look like he might have something about him, showed decent pace and strength.

Looks a lot better without that stupid hair too.

He just looks very limited, may run a bit and some strength but very clumsy / limited on the ball and don't think he will score goals.

Watching Armstrong struggle to get a kick for 60 mins should really be an eye opener for critics as to how hard it is to play up front with absolutely no support. Maybe we should be less harsh on the likes of Cisse and Riviere in hindsight. I thought he looked impressive yesterday given the role he's expected to play.

• 1 month later...