Lockwood Cup

Bowie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know this has been suggested quite a bit and I personally think it's a cracking idea.

Basically some games of 5 a side in Jon's honour, depending on numbers we could have a little tournement I reckon.

It usually costs about £4.40 per man for a game of 5 a side at the Soccer Dome, but if all players hoy in a tenner then that's enough money for a Lockwood Cup trophy (which will cost next to nowt) and more importantly will put more money towards the SBR Foundation and towards the Cajun banner that people were suggesting for home games.

Anyway, if we can get some numbers then I think we'll go from there, either at the Soccer Dome or The Parks, which have both been pretty empty over the last weekends that I've played there.

I think Saturday the 16th of August, the weekend after Jon's birthday would be the best date that I have in mind at the minute, but obviously that's flexible if needs be.

Who's in?

:thup: I think it's an ace idea, Andy.  Re dates I think you might be being a bit ambitious wanting to have it in 2 weeks, but see what people say.

I had been thinking myself about starting a thread trying to arrange a get-together, but miles in advance.  There are lots of people on here that I've never met that I'd like to.  Personally I could do with having 3 or 4 months notice as it would help with travel costs, etc.  I feel like if we get a date in the calendar quite far ahead and keep on bumping the thread then we could hopefully get the maximum amount of people there, rather than just a handful.  Anything short-notice and I immediately think "No".

The date can be anytime really, suppose I was a bit ambitious with two weeks notice. :lol: Also, I've never played in a Red vs Blues game or anything like that and know nothing about who plays, could someone who does possibly send some PMs around to people that have played in them? I just wouldn't mind being able to get a list together in the OP that's all.

Definitely will be there, but I'm in agreement that the date will need to be more like a couple of months away. I did send a PM to a few of the red/blue players a last week talking about this and the general consensus was to give a choice of two dates in a poll and that is it. If you start worrying about everyone being able to make the same date it will never happen.