Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sunday 17th August at 4pm (live on Sky)

Heron

Not sure how much Riviere is picking up each week but he'll earn his money this season. Pardew will dress it up as a 4-3-3 but it'll be 4-5-1 in reality once we start conceding possession and territory in the middle third. Riviere will be so isolated as to render him virtually redundant. 

Why should we expect anything different? Nothing's changed since the pigshit we all saw since January.

Yup. Pardew doesn't know any other way of playing, which is why it's pointless bringing in players like cabella who are then forced to either submit to playing the grinding dirge or end up made a pariah like Ben Arfa.

A massive loss to put Pardew under pressure from the off would be alright.

He and the club remind us at every turn that we can't possibly compete with the likes of Man City, so why would a big defeat to them mean anything?

Think it'll be 0-2 myself. They'll be smarting after today and ultimately have too much.

Krul                   

Williamson          Coloccini

Janmaat                                              Haidara

Anita              Colback

Sissoko                    Cabella                    Gouffran

Riviere

Have a weird feeling it'll be a draw.

For about 8 minutes, aye.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, any other day I'd say hammered. Just wonder if city might have a slow start this year, and trust pardew to actually get a point against them to throw the ego into overdrive :anguish:

Guest palnese

A massive loss to put Pardew under pressure from the off would be alright.

He and the club remind us at every turn that we can't possibly compete with the likes of Man City, so why would a big defeat to them mean anything?

Think it'll be 0-2 myself. They'll be smarting after today and ultimately have too much.

Well, a 0-6 loss, or something like that, doesn't look very good on Pardew regardless of who we play.

Defeated before we turn up. My assumption. They'll look deflated and disjointed the moment the whistle blows for kick off.

The only hope rests solely on the likes to Riv, Cabella and De Jong. They'll by gave the pre programmed bumming instilled yet.

Defeated before we turn up. My assumption. They'll look deflated and disjointed the moment the whistle blows for kick off.

The only hope rests solely on the likes to Riv, Cabella and De Jong. They'll by gave the pre programmed bumming instilled yet.

This, mainly due to our arsehole manager spending the full week telling the world how amazing Man City are and how we can't compete with them.

Krul

Janmaat    Williamson    Mbiwa      Haidara

Anita

Sissoko

Cabella                de Jong            Aarons

Riviere

This, mainly due to our arsehole manager spending the full week telling the world how amazing Man City are and how we can't compete with them.

With the tributes and whatnot prior to kick off I think the crowd and players will be really fired up for this actually, think we'll lose by a couple but don't think it will be the 0-5/0-6 bumming everyone seems to be expecting.

Only positive is City might not be fully up to speed. Fully expect a footballing massacre though.

They are there to be beaten IMO, only not by us. After we give them a blow job I expect they'll lose the next one.